Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Nice to hear, though with these things, I'll withold celebrating till I actually see it.

Question for those in the know. If I somehow get the WM6 upgrade from Vodaphone, will this lock my 750v again and I will have to unlock it? I am not a Vodaphone customer.
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Quote Originally Posted by Amstel View Post
    Thats good to hear!!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Good to hear, hopefully it is true. Only time will tell
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Yeah, I believe it! It'll be released on June 32!

Joe
    That's pretty vague news. That just says WM6 will be released, but not where.
    Cingular still has to finish their testing (which always takes longer.) So I'm still not expecting WM6 on Cingular until August.

Of course if Palm put out an unbranded WM6 release, I'd just flash that version on to my Treo. Who needs the Cingular garbage?
    The upgrade will NOT happen in June. But it is scheduled for sometime in late August.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    This is insane. They are really turning me off with this waiting especially when other phones are getting their WM6 upgrades.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    Quote Originally Posted by maevro View Post
    This is insane. They are really turning me off with this waiting especially when other phones are getting their WM6 upgrades.
    What? Like the Dash? Simple OS, simple change. The other phones you referring to are mostly non-carrier phones. The 8525 doesn't have an update yet. Just be glad that Palm is even offering an upgrade and that it's coming this summer.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    That's pretty vague news. That just says WM6 will be released, but not where.
    Cingular still has to finish their testing (which always takes longer.) So I'm still not expecting WM6 on Cingular until August.

Of course if Palm put out an unbranded WM6 release, I'd just flash that version on to my Treo. Who needs the Cingular garbage?
    You're right. There are not too many details, but the source is quite [very] reliable: David Fernandez, who is responsible of Mobility of Windows Mobile in Spain.
    If that happens and i am waiting do we have to do a back up so we don't lose programs and data?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by audioandnetarti View Post
    If that happens and i am waiting do we have to do a back up so we don't lose programs and data?
    You should always do a backup, and yes installing wm6 or any OS on your ppc, will wipe out all info
    Quote Originally Posted by insidr View Post
    The upgrade will NOT happen in June. But it is scheduled for sometime in late August.
    I would guess sometime late August to mid-September. That would give them 60 days or so to test the new code before releasing it to the public.
    The Dash is the only US phone right now that I am aware of with an update out. No other WinMo phone in the US has a WM 6 upgrade out yet as far as I can tell. You bought the Treo for WM 5 so enjoy it. The upgrade is a nice bonus. Palm didn't even promise a WM 6 update for it when they sold the Treo. All they promised was an HSDPA upgrade, not an OS update. You're getting a bonus. Beggars can't be choosers.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanvision View Post
    The Dash is the only US phone right now that I am aware of with an update out. No other WinMo phone in the US has a WM 6 upgrade out yet as far as I can tell. You bought the Treo for WM 5 so enjoy it. The upgrade is a nice bonus. Palm didn't even promise a WM 6 update for it when they sold the Treo. All they promised was an HSDPA upgrade, not an OS update. You're getting a bonus. Beggars can't be choosers.

T Mobile also released an WM6 upgrade for their MDA. The Wing (HTC Herald) & HTC Vox were released with WM6 too.

Beggers can be choosers since I will get rid of this Treo once either the HTC Kaiser or UBiQUiO 503G is released. That was a pretty cute speech mom, maybe you should run for politics.

There have been multiple instances where a Treo has been shown with WM6.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    T Mobile also released an WM6 upgrade for their MDA. The Wing (HTC Herald) & HTC Vox were released with WM6 too.

Beggers can be choosers since I will get rid of this Treo once either the HTC Kaiser or UBiQUiO 503G is released. That was a pretty cute speech mom, maybe you should run for politics.

There have been multiple instances where a Treo has been shown with WM6.
    Well I stand corrected then. The US market has a Dash and MDA with upgrades out. The other phones listed were sold as WM6 devices and were not updated.
    Palm is very different from everyone else. The amount of tweaking, hacking and adding of special plugins/functions is much, much more than any other OEM.

Case in point, it is well known that Palm's engineers work directly with MS's. They are the only company that has that relationship so it is to be expected they would take longer.

And considering the 750 is getting the update and the older 700w/wx has not been mentioned I can't help but not feel sorry for you.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Palm is very different from everyone else. The amount of tweaking, hacking and adding of special plugins/functions is much, much more than any other OEM.

Case in point, it is well known that Palm's engineers work directly with MS's. They are the only company that has that relationship so it is to be expected they would take longer.

And considering the 750 is getting the update and the older 700w/wx has not been mentioned I can't help but not feel sorry for you.

yea the way plam tweaked the 700wx OS helped alot. if it was the same as the 6700 it wouldn't be a better device. the phone runs much better then the 6700 ever did. the way they tweak the OS is making me always stay with a plam wm treo.
    This is going to be my first treo and I plan on getting the 750 with cingular since i'm already a customer. Should I wait to till they release WM6 along with purchase or it doesn't make a difference if i buy it now with WM5 and upgrade?
    I just find this in you tube it some guy that he walk true a 750 that have wm6
    you make your judgment, i dont know if he is telling for real but...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8rQI1PTwe5I
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast