Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I suppose it really depends on which version you prefer. I remember that some people flashed their 750v with a Cingular ROM early on and regretted it due to some issues that the Vodaphone ROM handled better.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    The 8525 isn't made by Cingular, it's made by HTC, who is actually the OEM who manufactures the Treo for Palm.
    well aware that it's made by htc. the palm 750 is made by htc as well. however, the 8525, for all intents and purposes, is marketed and branded as a "Cingular" or "ATT" branded phone as the 750 has no htc traces and as marketed and branded as "palm."
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    No Kaiser for me. The thought of another slide-out keyboard sickens me.
    Now knowing that it weighs 192 grams, I am passing on it too.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    No Kaiser for me. The thought of another slide-out keyboard sickens me.
    I'm back to the 8525 for now, but mostly because I loaded WM6 and wanted to see how I liked it. But i do enjoy the bigger screen + keyboard. Once WM6 comes out for the Treo I'll probably switch back...but most likely before then.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I'm back to the 8525 for now, but mostly because I loaded WM6 and wanted to see how I liked it. But i do enjoy the bigger screen + keyboard. Once WM6 comes out for the Treo I'll probably switch back...but most likely before then.
    Did you buy each one of those devices at full retail? Or did you keep renewing your 2 yr agreement with each purchase?
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    LOL, I have done the same thing. Im running an 8525 but have my T750 as backup. I DO like the keyboard and much bigger and better screen resolution on the 8525, but I miss the one-handed use of the TREO
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    BTW, gadgetluva, what ROM are you using for WM6?
    Did you buy each one of those devices at full retail? Or did you keep renewing your 2 yr agreement with each purchase?
    extending to 2 yrs
    Quote Originally Posted by TREO1027 View Post
    LOL, I have done the same thing. Im running an 8525 but have my T750 as backup. I DO like the keyboard and much bigger and better screen resolution on the 8525, but I miss the one-handed use of the TREO
    I've been traveling for work sitting in a conference room with my sub-team so my 8525 sits on the table next to me. One handed useage isn't really a big deal right now for me.

I'm using Black Shadow IV right now, works fairly well.
    Heh heh... June the 28th/29th and nothing at all. Why am I NOT surprised.
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    Well... tomorrow is the 29th and the Iphone is due to be released. Don't see Microsoft releasing WM6 on Saturday or in the midst of the 4th of July holiday. I wonder if it was a typo and "by the end of June" was supposed to be "by the end of July"

Either that or they intentionally left out June of which year?
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Well... tomorrow is the 29th and the Iphone is due to be released. Don't see Microsoft releasing WM6 on Saturday or in the midst of the 4th of July holiday. I wonder if it was a typo and "by the end of June" was supposed to be "by the end of July"

Either that or they intentionally left out June of which year?
    Keep in mind it isn't microsoft releasing it, it's Palm and ATT.
    It never was going to be June. That was a bad post to begin with.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh....php?p=1286231
    It'll be out in August. I've always expected it in August.
    Quote Originally Posted by insidr View Post
    As I said earlier. The update will be late in August. That is a firm deliverable (as firm as anything gets in the software world).
    question is this for the cingular/at&t 750 or does this include the 750v [Vodafone version]? TIA for any info
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123