Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @audioandnetarti: mobility today is a very reputable ppc site, they reported this awhile back.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baric07 View Post
    This is going to be my first treo and I plan on getting the 750 with cingular since i'm already a customer. Should I wait to till they release WM6 along with purchase or it doesn't make a difference if i buy it now with WM5 and upgrade?
    Well, we don't exactly know when this WM6 update is going to happen so you need to make that call yourself. I have had it for a few months and even with WM5 it is a great phone. If you plan on getting it either way, get it now. There is no difference if you update it yourself once it is released since it will be an official update.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    This is going to be my first treo and I plan on getting the 750 with cingular since i'm already a customer. Should I wait to till they release WM6 along with purchase or it doesn't make a difference if i buy it now with WM5 and upgrade?
    It's up to you. I don't think it will make a difference in terms of what you'll get software-wise after the WM6 update is released. But if you do wait, you may get an AT&T branded phone (I'm talking about the logo on the top right and the back of the phone) which some people may think it may make a difference in value should you want to sell your phone sometime in the future.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    If you decide to wait, it may be some months before you can buy a 750 with WM6 already loaded. I don't see the point in waiting.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    If you decide to wait, it may be some months before you can buy a 750 with WM6 already loaded. I don't see the point in waiting.
    Same here, besides the upgrade is supposed to be free, so you could always upgrade afterwards
    Doubt the upgrade will be available in June. The ATT/Cingular 8525 product page on cingular's webpage states that the WM6 upgrade is slated for the third quarter of 2007. I doubt ATT will push out a competing brand's update before it's own. If anything, I think it will happen at the same time or slightly after the 8525's update.
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanvision View Post
    Doubt the upgrade will be available in June. The ATT/Cingular 8525 product page on cingular's webpage states that the WM6 upgrade is slated for the third quarter of 2007. I doubt ATT will push out a competing brand's update before it's own. If anything, I think it will happen at the same time or slightly after the 8525's update.
    The 8525 isn't made by Cingular, it's made by HTC, who is actually the OEM who manufactures the Treo for Palm.
    So, well into June, anybody has some more info on WM6 release?

Just curious, although I don't expect to see it this month...
    A range of models > Then came the Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Treo 750
    Quote Originally Posted by astra View Post
    So, well into June, anybody has some more info on WM6 release?

Just curious, although I don't expect to see it this month...
    As I said earlier. The update will be late in August. That is a firm deliverable (as firm as anything gets in the software world).
    Quote Originally Posted by insidr View Post
    The upgrade will NOT happen in June. But it is scheduled for sometime in late August.
    If you upgrade does it wipe out all the programs you have installed on your 750? Do you have to re-load everything again?
    Yes, its a rom upgrade, so your device will basically be hard reset.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers View Post
    If you upgrade does it wipe out all the programs you have installed on your 750? Do you have to re-load everything again?
    The upgrade will have a data backup/migration function built in (just like if you upgrade from one version of Windows to another). These things are seldom flawless and you will almost certainly have some apps that misbehave. Depending on what you have installed, you may have few or many conflicts. But the initial reports are that WM6 is not dramatically different from WM5. You'll see some cosmetic changes but functionality, not-so-much. If they say to budget half an hour, you can figure 2 hours to put everything back the way you want it.

But get a backup program (Sprite backup comes on the CD) and use it. You'll regret it if you don't.
    Thnaks for the answer, a bit disappointing but ok. I'll wait a few more months.
    A range of models > Then came the Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Treo 750
    O2 has released WM6 for some of their models, ASUS and ETEN as well. I love my 750v but I really was hoping to have WM6 by now. palm/vodafone/att what is taking so long?
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by bnycastro View Post
    O2 has released WM6 for some of their models, ASUS and ETEN as well. I love my 750v but I really was hoping to have WM6 by now. palm/vodafone/att what is taking so long?
    I'm with you bnycastro! Tried the HTC Trinity for a week and the only reason why I didn't switch to it is because I want WM6 on my Treo! I'm sure it's faster than this lazy AKU.. ..rumours are it's even gonna be july before it's released
    i just hope the kaiser doesn't come out in asia before wm6 for my treo just saw a vid of the kaiser and i'm still drooling... palm don't let us down!
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bnycastro View Post
    i just hope the kaiser doesn't come out in asia before wm6 for my treo just saw a vid of the kaiser and i'm still drooling... palm don't let us down!
    Thats where I am at too. I was hoping that WM6 would be unveiled for the 750 and that would keep me happy until I could play with the Kaiser and eventually pick one up. I think they are saying August for the Kaiser in the States, but with my luck it will get delayed.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    Quote Originally Posted by maevro View Post
    Thats where I am at too. I was hoping that WM6 would be unveiled for the 750 and that would keep me happy until I could play with the Kaiser and eventually pick one up. I think they are saying August for the Kaiser in the States, but with my luck it will get delayed.
    No Kaiser for me. The thought of another slide-out keyboard sickens me.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Since I'm not a Vodafone subscriber but using a 750V, which WM6 version should I upgrade with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Excoriar View Post
    Since I'm not a Vodafone subscriber but using a 750V, which WM6 version should I upgrade with?
    good question i'm also using a 750v but not a Voda customer.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast