1.    #1  
    Greetings all.

When I try to start Bluetooth from the Wireless Manager, I just get the spinning wheel. I can't even run the bluetooth app. I tried doing a restore from an earlier backup when I know the bluetooth worked, but no luck. This happened to me before and I had to do a hard reset.

Any way to avoid having to do this?

Thanks to all!
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Sounds like the only thing you can do is a hard reset for this issue.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  3.    #3  
    I'm pretty close to doing that. I wish I knew what was causing it so I could avoid it in the future. This is the second time!
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    What programs do you have installed on your treo?
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weissdabigman View Post
    Greetings all.

When I try to start Bluetooth from the Wireless Manager, I just get the spinning wheel. I can't even run the bluetooth app. I tried doing a restore from an earlier backup when I know the bluetooth worked, but no luck. This happened to me before and I had to do a hard reset.

Any way to avoid having to do this?

Thanks to all!
    Wow. I'm having the exact same issue. When I hard reset it works, but a restore breaks it again so it must be something I've installed. I'm thinking it might be related to the registry entries under \HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth but I have no "good" reference point to check it. Can some who's BT works export that key tree and send me the .reg file at tonypapa2002 at yahoo.com? I'd hate to have to hard reset and build the unit back one app at a time. I did install the eval version of Airscanner Sniffer which I think installs several upnp drivers. I've uninstalled it but the problem remains.

TP
    700wx
  6.    #6  
    Nothing really freaky as far as apps on my end. Nothing new installed since this happened.
    I've recently started having the exact same problem. My bluetooth worked fine for about 5 months, and then suddenly about a week ago it stopped working. I haven't changed anything on it, so there's not obvious reason that I can narrow it down to. =(
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I have been having the same BT issues and it started about the same time. Hard reset was needed. Strange.
    I used to have that bluetooth problem. There was a long thread on this already. After installing the new A2DP stack I haven't had the problem since. Yes a hard reset was the only fix once it's hosed. It was a major pita and I'm glad I don't have to deal with it anymore.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    hannips A2DP stack fix worked for me, too. I also was a long-suffering user. I don't use a BT headset, but I do need my BT GPS. Working like a champ now. (Don't want to jinx it, though.)