1.    #1  
    So i have the verizon treo 700wx.... when sending text messages it only allows me to type 160 characters then cuts off.. is there anyways i can expand this?????? WIth my old phone the verizon lg vx9800 i could send like 7 pages in one text ... obivously the treo is a better phone but this 160 charcter limit is really annoying me.
    using the threaded sms "hack" you can bypass the limit and split the message into parts. Using the built in sms with outlook will enforce the limit
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    SMS = Short Message Service.

I never understand why people like to type long SMS messages. Next time try NSSMS (Not So Short Message Service), LSMS (Long Message Service), or E-mail.

When the device allows you to type a message longer than 160 characters, the system breaks it down so that each time, only 160 characters are sent. Therefore, the receiving person may get charged for each incoming text.
    Email is fine for those recipients that have push email setup on their phones, but most don't. SMS are pretty much universal for all cell phones which is why most use them rather than email.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    The reason I suggested email is becuase, the S in SMS means SHORT. So make it short. If you want to make it long, use email or just call.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    The reason I suggested email is becuase, the S in SMS means SHORT. So make it short. If you want to make it long, use email or just call.
    ok well thats fine, but emialing isnt as fast and the people i am texting dont even have email on their phones and like yeah i can make it short but 160 is rediculous... and yeah if i sent it with my old phone to someone with out verizon it woudlnt send it all but who i am texting has verizon... idk email might work for you but i just wanted to know how to make it longer and if its possible or not...
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ice9rg570 View Post
    and like yeah i can make it short but 160 is rediculous...
    http://how-to-spell-ridiculous.com
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdoc View Post
    .... wow i put an e instead of the i and i know it is an i i just didnt check.... but heyy thanks for the help
    Quote Originally Posted by ice9rg570 View Post
    ok well thats fine, but emialing isnt as fast and the people i am texting dont even have email on their phones and like yeah i can make it short but 160 is rediculous... and yeah if i sent it with my old phone to someone with out verizon it woudlnt send it all but who i am texting has verizon... idk email might work for you but i just wanted to know how to make it longer and if its possible or not...
    The 160 character limitation is a standard with SMS. Not becuase of your wireless provider, Palm, or WM. If you make it longer than 160 characters, the system breaks down the messages anyways. Therefore, the person receiving the text will receive more than 1 message. It makes it difficult at times to understand the point is trying to make when you have to read more than 1 message. Plus, what happens if the other broken message doesn't get sent or is delayed?

Lrn 2 shrtn ur txt msg.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Lrn 2 shrtn ur txt msg.
    I understand the need for it but I just /really/ hate it when people text/type/email like that... LOL.

Good tip, though, Eddie.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    <Closed>