Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    So I took the power tools to my 700w last night...

I use the stylus quite a bit, and I also like to use the press-and-hold "OK" function to bring up memory management and quit some programs. The problem is, the OK button is kinda slippery and difficult to press with the stylus, thereby requiring a hand/thumb/finger/stylus shuffle to press the OK button.

Solution - a very sharp small drill bit, low speed drill, and 30 seconds later a nice little indentation in the "OK" button, so the stylus now sits nicely in the dent and can be used to press that key.

A small thing, but it makes a big difference to my daily use of the Treo.
    I thought the whole point of the Treo was to leave the stylus in the back, where it belongs...
    END OF LINE
    Drill + Treo = ????
    I've never tried to use a stylus to press any of the hard buttons on the Treo. The stylus was designed for the screen while the hard buttons were designed for pressing with your fingers.

I am curious...does anyone else use the stylus on the hard buttons?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    too funny.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Carlos Mencia comes to mind, "dee, dee, dee..."
    Quote Originally Posted by rudbwoy View Post
    Carlos Mencia comes to mind, "dee, dee, dee..."

Harsh... (PS - Carlos steals his jokes anyway. His real name isn't Carlos, it's Ned. Also he's not even part Mexican.)

While I wouldn't particularly do that to my Treo, I see the OP's point. Some of us old school Palm Pilot users LIKE the stylus. I can graffiti faster than most can type on those tictac buttons. I gotta give the OP credit for a little ingenuity.

If it works for you - go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    I've never tried to use a stylus to press any of the hard buttons on the Treo. The stylus was designed for the screen while the hard buttons were designed for pressing with your fingers.

I am curious...does anyone else use the stylus on the hard buttons?
    I never do but the lady at sprint store tried to when she set mine up then she realized it isnt easy and started using her fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rogers View Post
    (PS - Carlos steals his jokes anyway. His real name isn't Carlos, it's Ned. Also he's not even part Mexican.)
    (pps, his mother was from Mexico)
    I never thought to use the stylus to push the hard buttons. At first I thought it was a joke... but I don't think so. Hey... whatever works.

I do give credit for the ingenuity.