1.    #1  
    Any suggestions on a GPS solution (reciever and maps) for the 750? I noticed where TomTom is still popular but are there any good alternatives?

Also, with the TomTom the Treo Store sells a version with a miniSD. Any advantages in getting the kit with the miniSD?
    I'm using the iGuidance product with a Holux GPSlim 236.

IMHO this is a very good combination but the iGuidance software does have one inconvenient bug. If you try to start the program with the your phones GSM radio on it takes up to 5 minutes for iGuidance to load.

The work-around for this is to turn your phone's radio off before you start iGuidance. After the program loads you can then turn the radio back on and everything will function properly.

While it is a minor inconvenience, you'd think they would come out with a patch to fix this considering how many Phone Edition Pocket PC's there are now.
  3.    #3  
    What about the Garmin package? Good, bad, downright ugly?
  4.    #4  
    Also... any thoughts on the advantages/disadvantages of going with a stand alone GPS instead of the reciever/software combo?

Granted it's two devices but you wouldn't have such a battery drain on the 750. It would be a better weather sealed if you take it outdoors (e.g. hiking).

However, the 750 would be easier for map changes/upgrades, entering in data (addresses) and would likely have a better screen.

I'm leaning towards either the Garmin or Delorme reciever OR a Magellan handheld. While I hate to have two devices, I think the stand alone might be better.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Am using the 750v with Garmin Que / GPSProxy and Visiontac BT GPS receiver - and very satisfied with the results -

You can find out more of Visiontac here - www.visiontac.com

Visiontac offers the following to address power requirements

- wall charger (as is with other receivers)
    - auto on when off mode upon using car charger with special cable
    - 4 AAA battery pouch connected to receiver port (when not using the car and the built-in battery is out of power)
    Last edited by pdafan1; 05/23/2007 at 11:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I bought a GPS receiver last night at the local Cingular store. It's the GlobalSat BT-395 and am using it with TeleNav. The store rep gave me the first month free too. I've used TeleNav before on Sprint and Nextel and always liked it. I'm not sure I'm going to like the monthly fee, but I'm not really interested in spending the money for stand-alone software and storing maps on an SD card.

For those of you that use GPS often, TeleNav is a great solution!

Joe
    Just downloaded Telenav and I have to say that I'm very impressed.

I think it's well worth $10/month!

I think it's a big plus not to have all of your maps residing on your storage card.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovation2 View Post
    Just downloaded Telenav and I have to say that I'm very impressed.

I think it's well worth $10/month!
    Yeah, and with Cingular you can get 10 routes for $6/month.

Joe