1.    #1  
    I will be picking up my new Treo 700wx tomorrow. (see other thread) However, once I get the new Treo I pretty much will not be using my old Treo. Will the battery from my 650 work with the 700wx? Or is it different entirely? I was just curious as it would be pretty neat to have a backup battery.
    i use my old 650 battery in my 700 and so far (in 6 months) i have not had either one melt down into a pile of smoldering lithium ions... ;-)
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum View Post
    i use my old 650 battery in my 700 and so far (in 6 months) i have not had either one melt down into a pile of smoldering lithium ions... ;-)
    SWEET!
    Thanks for the reply btw.
    Man I can't wait til I get the 700wx. Would you happen to know of a place to purchase third party apps like I have for the 650?
    I'm just looking for a variety of apps really. Also, do yo have any info on this SMS thread 'hack'?
    What does it do? What's it for?
    Handango is a good start- i use them because they have reward points... a lot of times, the developer's website will have some good deals... Resco.net, SPB Software, and VITO Technology are some pretty good ones. Most apps will have a trial period- try some out and see what you like and don't like.
    As far as the threaded SMS hack, i suggest you read the thread regarding it- or at least the first post with the updated instructions... it's very simple and allows you to continue to have the threaded SMS functionality you were used to on the 650 and other palm based treos. If you SMS a lot, it's very worth the effort... if not- it's fun to do just to stick it to the man...
    The 700wx does not natively come with the SMS threading capability... it makes SMS messages come up like regular emails. It's annoying if you like to have long chats back and forth with SMS.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum View Post
    Handango is a good start- i use them because they have reward points... a lot of times, the developer's website will have some good deals... Resco.net, SPB Software, and VITO Technology are some pretty good ones. Most apps will have a trial period- try some out and see what you like and don't like.
    As far as the threaded SMS hack, i suggest you read the thread regarding it- or at least the first post with the updated instructions... it's very simple and allows you to continue to have the threaded SMS functionality you were used to on the 650 and other palm based treos. If you SMS a lot, it's very worth the effort... if not- it's fun to do just to stick it to the man...
    The 700wx does not natively come with the SMS threading capability... it makes SMS messages come up like regular emails. It's annoying if you like to have long chats back and forth with SMS.
    Ok thanks. Now as far as the SMS hack is concerned, I did try and search for it on here and was unable to find any threads on it. Would you happen to know where I could find it? Also is it compatible with CDMA model?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by XaXiS View Post
    Ok thanks. Now as far as the SMS hack is concerned, I did try and search for it on here and was unable to find any threads on it. Would you happen to know where I could find it? Also is it compatible with CDMA model?
    Disregard! I just found it. Wow I must be blind.
    lol