1.    #1  
    So, I went to the Verizon store and got my messed up 700w replaced(2nd time replace). However, the did not want to give me a WX because I have a W and they claimed that the WX is totally differently from discontinued W. However, one thing I did notice is the phone has 16.14mb of free of ram instead of the 13.56 my last phone did. Is there any way I can get upgrade to the WX? I ask because this phone still has the memory leak issue but it is not very little atm and not as crazy as my last W.
    There's no way to upgrade the 700w to a 700wx. Other then getting an exceptional deal from a VZW phone dealer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    So, I went to the Verizon store and got my messed up 700w replaced(2nd time replace). However, the did not want to give me a WX because I have a W and they claimed that the WX is totally differently from discontinued W.
    Sell the W and get a used WX on ebay. The W is nothing next to the Wx.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Palm-Treo-700wx-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trio View Post
    Sell the W and get a used WX on ebay. The W is nothing next to the Wx.
    What is your basis for this statement? What do I gain with the 700wx over my present 700w?

Thanks.
    Senator Clay Davis, "The Wire": S&################t
  5.    #5  
    If I going to sell my phone it be for the Samsung I760. I thought I remember reading owners getting their W replaced with a WX.
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithGP View Post
    What is your basis for this statement? What do I gain with the 700wx over my present 700w?

Thanks.
    Unfortunately, Palm/Verizon either didn't test the 700w in real life, or didn't expect users to actually do much on the computer side of things. The difference is RAM makes the wx a much more usable and robust computer. The phone functionality is unaffected. If all you need is a phone, no need to upgrade to a wx.

When I start up the wx I have 41MB of RAM free. After starting ...

PocketInformant
    Resco explorer
    Windows Media
    Internet Explorer

I still have 35MB of free RAM. I also have plugins on the today screen. The 700w would be out of memory and crashing 3x a day.

Web pages that crash IE on the 700w are fine on the wx. etc. etc.
    I agree with the statements trio made, but I would add one thing...there is a possible bad point to the wx as well. I have seen a LOT of posts on a few forums that the wx (mine included) is EXTREMELY tough to connect and stay on the internet. Automatic updates are basically null on mine, and I have to try three or more times before the wx connects. So, I would have to say that if you were not concerned with memory, and want the phone for mostly phone and internet, stick with the w. I never had a problem with my w connecting and updating automatically!

I just love the memory, and I am also holding out on the fantastic resources here and over at PPCGeeks to develop/find a fix for the wx connection issue.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    What about the backlight for the keys? Do they dim yet? Can they be controlled better?
    Senator Clay Davis, "The Wire": S&################t
    What about the backlight for the keys? Do they dim yet? Can they be controlled better?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=keylight+dim
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    If you have the w replaced again for the 3rd time then you can switch it out with another device that is comparable. And yes, many users got to swap out for the wx for that every reason.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I can't speak from personal experience, but I went from a Samsung i730 with a MUCH faster processor and MUCH more RAM (about the same as the WX I think). My i730 would lock up on me at least once a day, and yes, I managed my memory very well, I always closed my applications with either vBar or Small Menu, so I was far from filling up my avaliable program memory.

After moving to the 700w (by necessity, I broke my samsung and needed a cheap replacement PDA phone), and installing virtually identical applications, I have never once had a lockup in the month I've had it. The only bad thing is that I cant open two large applications at once. The W will close one of them automatically each time. Is it it a big deal? Not really. I just have to be mindful of when I decide to open a large application while currently using one.
    Former owner of... Kyocera 7135, Samsung SCH-i730...

Current owner of... Treo 700w
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts

Thanks.
    Bluetooth problems! See multiple posts. My 700w has never had one.

WCK
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    If you have the w replaced again for the 3rd time then you can switch it out with another device that is comparable. And yes, many users got to swap out for the wx for that every reason.
    So lets say I go in again for issues of memory and reception, and the 6800 or i760 has been out for a while I can potentially switch to one of those phones then?
  14.    #14  
    Been using it a few days now and so far it is fantasitc. I have yet to restart it and I have yet to see any memory issues. It nice to see it just work.