Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Sweet!!!! It works! I'm trying to configure my desktop email and Outlook to use it as well. I just wish they allow FREE email forwarding so I can use it to trigger PushEffect.

FYI, in step (2/4) under User Information, make sure you put your User Name with the @yahoo.com.

Verify server information on step (4/4) is...
    Incoming mail: imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Outgoing mail: smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com
    I've got this all working in Chatter finally (3.0.9+).

What I figured out is that the SMTP username is your username without the "@yahoo.com" but the IMAP username requires the "@yahoo.com".

Hope that helps those that are having problems.
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Thanks!!!!
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    the imap worked for a few hours but then died again.
    bummer to have to go back to pop.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Hey all,
    I had been using the IMAP yahoo email servers through the WM5 outlook client on the phone. Gotta say it was pretty darn sweet. Then on November 9 it stopped working, it did keep prompting me for a username and password. I was sad. Tried to delete and set up another account a few times over the next week, but it didn't work. Now just this morning (December 5) it did work! Yay!

I did contact yahoo about this, but although I got an answer, it didn't really address my problem. I have the same theories: Outlook tried to login a few times and garbled the password, locking the account; Yahoo took the server down for whatever reason (but I don't think that's true for the whole user community, there would be an uproar I would think), maybe just a few users at a time as they migrate accounts internally; and finally:
    I do know that before this error, my SD card popped out randomly, and at some time later I noticed that there were two 'Storage Card' "directories" in the root of the internal storage. One was called 'Storage Card 1,' and it had only one directory (a mail storage directory that was pretty empty if I remember correctly) which is maybe where yahoo was downloading in the interim. I deleted 'Storage Card 1' because I like to keep things clean, and the failure in yahoo outlook mail was soon after that. So maybe they were related...

Anyhoo, it's back up. So if you lose your yahoo! IMAP in outlook, be patient, it looks like theres hope...

Also: Yahoo! Go is cool and all, but it seems a bit cumbersome for what it does. The photos feature is cool though...
    I wouldn't hold your breath.
    Since it originally became available sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    I accidentally opened up 3 on my phone. I made one with the name "my yahoo", one "yahoo imap", and one "yahoo imap1". what do I have to do to delete the two and just keep with one. its pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanY212 View Post
    I accidentally opened up 3 on my phone. I made one with the name "my yahoo", one "yahoo imap", and one "yahoo imap1". what do I have to do to delete the two and just keep with one. its pissing me off.
    messaging/menu/tools/options
    then tap and hold or click and hold over the accnt you want to delete. delete will pop up as an option.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Dude! This slamming! I have been hoping to get this for years. Early and cheap Christmas present!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456