Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 108
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    Shouldn't be surprising since you can always define your outgoing mail server per your ISP. In this case the network is VZW. It is no different from the desktop Outlook. You define the outgoing mail server based on your ISP and the POP or IMAP server for the mail account.
    Yes, but the user is using the login for Yahoo Imap server, unless they happened to have changed the SMTP authorization to use the VZW login.
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dome View Post
    In the Windows Mobile database. They are not stored as individual files on the filesystem.
    Thanks. Is there anyways to remove them once I delete the email from Windows Mobible database to recover space?
  3. tivoboy's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    #83  
    does anyone have the yahoogo software they could email me?
    thanks
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Yes, but the user is using the login for Yahoo Imap server, unless they happened to have changed the SMTP authorization to use the VZW login.
    Yes. That is exactly what you must do when you define your ISP server for outgoing. Works the same on all flavors of Outlook and most other email clients.
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    Yes. That is exactly what you must do when you define your ISP server for outgoing. Works the same on all flavors of Outlook and most other email clients.
    Confusing. Your user name and password you enter works for the Yahoo imap authorization for ingoing and outgoing. If you change the SMTP server authorization to use Verizon's SMTP, how does it know what your Yahoo Imap user name and password is?
  6. #86  
    Eddie, it does not need to know anything about your IMAP user name and password. It doesn't care about incoming - only outgoing. The message is sent to the address specified on behalf of the user ID you specified in the server settings page. In the message itself you have the sending ID but the ISP doesn't care about that. It only cares that you have an authenticated ID for the SMTP server.

    This works for any and all accounts you have specified in email clients.
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    Eddie, it does not need to know anything about your IMAP user name and password. It doesn't care about incoming - only outgoing. The message is sent to the address specified on behalf of the user ID you specified in the server settings page. In the message itself you have the sending ID but the ISP doesn't care about that. It only cares that you have an authenticated ID for the SMTP server.

    This works for any and all accounts you have specified in email clients.
    Exactly!!!! So the User ID you are using in the server settings page is the Yahoo Imap server settings. But you (Beryl) are using Verizon's SMTP server, it is also using the same User ID in the server settings page, unless you specified a seperate SMTP authorization. Otherwise, How does Verizon know your Yahoo Imap user ID?
  8. #88  
    Why don't you guys use yahoo go program.. it syncs photo and emails.... it works great for me...
  9. mixman's Avatar
    Posts
    217 Posts
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    #89  
    This was working fine for me for weeks. As of today, it's no longer working. I deleted and recreated the settings following the instructions in the first post, but still having issues (can't log in, asks to verify username & password over and over). Anybody else?
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Exactly!!!! So the User ID you are using in the server settings page is the Yahoo Imap server settings. But you (Beryl) are using Verizon's SMTP server, it is also using the same User ID in the server settings page, unless you specified a seperate SMTP authorization. Otherwise, How does Verizon know your Yahoo Imap user ID?
    No argument, eddie. We are on the same page and always was. This is the way advanced outgoing settings work.

    Only in rare situations (e.g. using wifi remotely) do I use any SMTP server besides that of my ISP. Often receiving servers have filters for servers like Yahoo and other "free" accounts. It only takes a couple of screens to define and it is more reliable.
  11. mixman's Avatar
    Posts
    217 Posts
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    #91  
    Are any other 700wx VZW users having issues? I even tried Caretaker22's suggestion to install Yahoo! Go. But the setup screen says "not available for this phone on Verizon". I'm starting to feel a VZW conspiracy....
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    This was working fine for me for weeks. As of today, it's no longer working. I deleted and recreated the settings following the instructions in the first post, but still having issues (can't log in, asks to verify username & password over and over). Anybody else?
    I've seen this same thing. So have some other people I work with, and had turned this whole thing onto. here's what I bet happened:

    I betcha that Yahoo set up this IMAP back end in preparation for the iPhone launch (and their supposed deal with Yahoo/Apple), and once they realized people were using the free Yahoo mail on their devices, they pulled or somehow changed their back end.

    Curses.
  13. #93  
    I switched back to POP access. IMAP would have been nice, but it was constantly having connection problems.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  14. #94  
    It is still working for me and I prefer IMAP.
  15.    #95  
    they must have fixed whatever they had done, cuz it's now working for me, just like I had posted originally. I use the free Yahoo webmail, and it's all good now.
  16. #96  
    I get that alot and sometimes it justs works I don't know why.
  17. mixman's Avatar
    Posts
    217 Posts
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    #97  
    It's now working again for me as well.


    Edit: It stopped working about an hour after this post.
    Last edited by mixman; 06/19/2007 at 05:52 AM.
  18. #98  
    I can reliably connect to Yahoo IMAP on AT&T, but only on the AT&T network, not over broadband. And I can only do so when I initiate my connection on EDGE, not on 3G.
    See my post here for details:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1182198
    It has been very consistent for me in the last week.

    But for those of you not on AT&T, I have no explination.
    Also if you have a Treo 680/650 on AT&T, you'll never have a problem because you're always on EDGE. My wifes 680 is working great under Snappermail. My 750 works as long as I connect to data while on GSM.
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    I switched back to POP access. IMAP would have been nice, but it was constantly having connection problems.
    how do u make it work on pop access???
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by chavezguy04 View Post
    how do u make it work on pop access???
    You need to pay the annual fee so you can have pop access.
    Then when setting up the accnt, you select pop rather than imap.
    On the next screen you change incoming mail to pop.mail.yahoo.com and outgoing to smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    The only thing you lose is folder syncing.

    If the accnt is already set up you need to delete it first before setting up pop access.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions