Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Folks, just use Yahoo Go!. It does all what you folks are moaning about, plus its free, and you can choose to sync all your folders.
    Once you install the app, it configures a Yahoo! account in Outlook automatically for you.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    @Merovingian - I have been using GO! for over 6 months now and can't wait for the new version to come out. However, I hate the fact that you have to launch another application to update your emails into OUTLOOK. Also, there are connection problems and lag in syncing. I love this new IMAP feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Folks, just use Yahoo Go!. It does all what you folks are moaning about, plus its free, and you can choose to sync all your folders.
    Once you install the app, it configures a Yahoo! account in Outlook automatically for you.
    Tried YahooGo twice. It was awful. It duplicated a contact for me for everyone that had more than one email address. It's an extra app that takes memory. Caused freezes. No thanks, I'll stick with IMAP.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    4 things....

1. Awesome

2. Awesome

3. Has anybody been able to configure this on their PC yet?? The server settings that work fine on the 700wx do not work on the PC.

4. Awesome
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    If you want it to work for your Gmail account make sure you enable POP:

Setup 1/5:
    Email Address: username@gmail.com

Setup 2/5:
    Autoconfig - click next when completed

Setup 3/5:
    Your Name: name
    User Name: recent:username@gmail.com
    Password: enter password and check save password

Setup 4/5:
    Account type: POP3
    Name: Gmail (Or whatever you want)

Setup 5/5:
    I just left this screen as it is:
    Incoming mail: pop.gmail.com:995
    Outgoing mail: smtp.gmail.com:465
    Domain: I left this blank

Click options for auto check settings or finish. These settings worked for me. Thanks for letting me know how to do this JohnnyMac. I like being able to update my email without going through outlook.
    gmail pop doesnt provide for folder sync.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    When I'm at work I leave my treo docked and it pulls email through my work cabled connection rather than over the air, so-to-speak. This normally works fine and I don't have to switch anything. Now though, with IMAP, I get an error every fifteen mins asking me for my incoming email password. The password is there, but the box for save password is blank.

Any ideas?
    Any help? Anyone using imap and getting a sync while cabled through your isp?
    yahoo go doesnt work for 240x240 it keeps telling me, is there another way to do this?
    What do you mean Yahoo Go doesn't work for 240x240?
    I have been using it on my 700Wx for months.
    i dont know
    when i go to the yahoo go website from the phones browser it says they dont support wm5 240x240 square screens

thanks for your help
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrkjm View Post
    i dont know
    when i go to the yahoo go website from the phones browser it says they dont support wm5 240x240 square screens

thanks for your help
    I think you might be referring to Yahoo Go 2.0 Gamma, which is not yet compatible.
    The regular Yahoo Go works just fine, despite some quirks.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    does this work with the 700p?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Repaddict View Post
    Hello...I followed all the directions and got it working, downloaded my mail and folders but wasn't able to send email. Am I missing something? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Hmmm. I experienced the same thing. I can receive, but cannot send. I'm assuming that it's probably the outgoing mail configuration. I think that's probably why I'm also having trouble configuring my desktop email to check Yahoo.
    Guys, has anyone figured how to fix the email sending issue?

Please help.

TIA,

-=KoolPal=-
    where do i get the regular yahoogo as opposed to 2.0 gamma? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrkjm View Post
    where do i get the regular yahoogo as opposed to 2.0 gamma? thanks
    I have PM'ed you a link to it.
    Nice. I'm a yahoo plus user but I really prefer IMAP over the "Yahoo! Mail Plus" pop mail that I'd been using.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    Tried YahooGo twice. It was awful. It duplicated a contact for me for everyone that had more than one email address. It's an extra app that takes memory. Caused freezes. No thanks, I'll stick with IMAP.
    ITA. That app was a hot mess on my device.
    Quote Originally Posted by eiresurg View Post
    does this work with the 700p?
    wondering the same thing?

Anyone?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  19.    #59  
    [QUOTE=Hdhntr23;1266602]wondering the same thing?
    QUOTE]

Any mail client that supports IMAP should be able to handle this. 700p has VersaMail, so it should be fine. Just give it a shot and see what happens....
    awesome! i got this to work. but for some reason, it only shows one E-mail in there. only the very first message in my inbox shows up. How do you refresh to get all emails?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast