Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I realized something - as I was trying the server settings on my desktop in Thunderbird, I set everything up and got some kind of error message about the server refusing connections and that I should change how many connections get cached... perhaps there is something with my acct that is not allowing it. I am a Yahoo plus subscriber, though - is everyone else on free accts or plus accts?

I would think I would have LESS trouble reaching the server, as I pay the stupid 20 bucks a year...
    END OF LINE
    I'm yahoo plus also.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    I am a regular free user. I use YahooPops on my laptop and desktop, which allows me to download Yahoo mail as Pop mail.
    Well, I've messed around with this crap all day. I can't figure it out. I guess it's not meant to be on my Treo. I'll have to do with ****... I mean, pop access for now.

I was SO looking forward to having all my folders accessible.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Thanks JohnnyMac, this is great. I run an owner's group (for my boat...yeh, that pic on the left) on Yahoo!, and this is great over trying to remember to check my Yahoo! e-mail account.
  6.    #26  
    For those of you that it worked for, happy to help.

For those having issues - man I'm clueless. I just use the free Yahoo service, and that's why I was so jazzed to find this.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I followed the instructions to the T and it rocks.
    Hello...I followed all the directions and got it working, downloaded my mail and folders but wasn't able to send email. Am I missing something? Thanks
    Hmmm. I experienced the same thing. I can receive, but cannot send. I'm assuming that it's probably the outgoing mail configuration. I think that's probably why I'm also having trouble configuring my desktop email to check Yahoo.
    Man - this is awesome. It worked flawlessly on my 700W. Wonder why Yahoo has never advertised this along with Yahoo GO! I like GO! only because it makes a very good backup of my contacts and all the email address are available on my 700W. However, I hate having to start another application to just download my emails. One things sucks though that all the SENT emails are not stored in the OUTLOOK SENT folder, rather in SENT ITEMS folder. So, when the folders are sync'd, it creates a separate folder in my Yahoo online account. Not complaining - but is there a workaround?

On the whole, love it! - Thanks JohnnyMac for finding it
    Wonder why Yahoo has never advertised this along with Yahoo GO!
    Maybe because it doesn't work for everyone.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    JGold, this sucks.
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    JGold, this sucks.
    I hear ya. For myself, my Yahoo account is my 3rd email option. I have my primary email addy and my gmail forwarded to my Exchange account. If I have to access Yahoo for any reason, I use the web interface.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Alienwhere, try this.. Stop trying for a few hours. What might be happening is that yahoo is blocking your connection because of so many tries.

Leave it alone for a few hours and they try again with the correct settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdoc View Post
    Alienwhere, try this.. Stop trying for a few hours. What might be happening is that yahoo is blocking your connection because of so many tries.

BINGO!!!!!! Son-of-a-gun! The old, login with incorrect information lock out issue. Got my mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdoc View Post

Jdoc - I'll give it a shot, although I stopped playing with it yesterday afternoon and didn't try again until this morning, so it had some time inbetween... how long should I actually wait?

And JGold... congrats.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    oh, that was plenty of time in between. u should try again now.. hope it works
    is there a way to delete the mail off the wx but still be in the yahoo website? I also don't want to select 'clear all mail' by accident and lose everything.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Awesome, is working on my 700W
    When I'm at work I leave my treo docked and it pulls email through my work cabled connection rather than over the air, so-to-speak. This normally works fine and I don't have to switch anything. Now though, with IMAP, I get an error every fifteen mins asking me for my incoming email password. The password is there, but the box for save password is blank.

Any ideas?
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast