1.    #1  
    I am about to buy a Treo and I am confused about Voice Command. Microsoft Voice Command seems to be a program that one can buy for a Treo to add Voice Command to the Treo but it is also true that Sprint offers a Voice Command service for $10 per month. Is it necessary to pay for the Sprint service?
    VC comes free on the treo 700wx.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

but it also doesnt work through a bluetooth headset so its essentially pointless
    What do you guys use your Voice Command to do? I have it set to annoucing when someone is calling me. Is there anyway I can command the phone to call a person?
    Voice Command on the 700wx can be used to call a person, start an application, choose a song to play after you've opened media, and more.
    When assigned to the side button, it makes using features a pleasure.
    WHAT I DON'T KNOW, however, is whether this all works without paying Sprint the $5./month they charge for Voice Command (since the program is built in to the 700wx)>
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lenpra View Post
    Voice Command on the 700wx can be used to call a person, start an application, choose a song to play after you've opened media, and more.
    When assigned to the side button, it makes using features a pleasure.
    WHAT I DON'T KNOW, however, is whether this all works without paying Sprint the $5./month they charge for Voice Command (since the program is built in to the 700wx)>
    Yes, all of these features work without paying Sprint anything - the program is native on the phone. Voice Command is really cool and works through a wired headset but can't be used over bluetooth.
    Handspring Visor w/ Visorphone --> Visor Prism w/ Visorphone --> Treo 180 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by twalters View Post
    I am about to buy a Treo and I am confused about Voice Command. Microsoft Voice Command seems to be a program that one can buy for a Treo to add Voice Command to the Treo but it is also true that Sprint offers a Voice Command service for $10 per month. Is it necessary to pay for the Sprint service?
    VC by sprint $10/mo (or $5/mo?) - you enter #'s on a website and to dial by name, hit * send and the VC system will ask you which predefined name and # you wish to dial. Great for if you change fones alot so you always have the phone#'s stored on sprint's server.
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome
    EDIT: I figured it out
    Last edited by Inspired101; 07/19/2007 at 02:15 AM.