Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    i took my sprint 700wx off the charger at 1230pm and at 430pm i was down to 80% with no use turned the screen on once for about 1 min to enter a contact. im running pocketbreeze,hidelogo, spb phonesuite, and batterystatus on my homescreen and using mail2web exchange push. is this normal 20% in 4 hours? what could be causing the drain. i didnt loose service ever so that wouldnt be a cause? push? battery meter polling the phone? spb phonesuite?. the phone is only about 7 days old
  2. #2  
    That does sound a little excessive. I would have expected to have around 92+ percent left after 4 hours of standby. I keep BT turned off when not using it, I disconnect the Internet when I am through using it, and do not have push mail.

    Possibly a bad battery? Try turning off your Internet connection and test that way.

    -Frank
  3. #3  
    yea with my experience will all the windows mobile phones i have and had the battery life sucks. it is something i am just used to now. my treo with the 3200mah battery just siting around will drain. in school from 7:30-@2:12 granted i don't get good service in school but ill leave and be at about 70% normally. and that is with push, newsbreak and whatever texts i get. and with the internet connected all the time. i probably could shut off the internet and save life but i just don't LOL. i may start doing that now as i dont need to get emails in class.

    The ways to help your battery life are to get a car charger so when in your car you can charge your phone if you need to. and get either another battery or a bigger one.
  4.    #4  
    yeh i dont get texts or anything like that and no bluetooth on and i close all my programs. im sure its a good battery its just came outa the box. maybe cuz i had 0-1 bar? low signal=more battery possibly? just seems little excessive
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23 View Post
    yeh i dont get texts or anything like that and no bluetooth on and i close all my programs. im sure its a good battery its just came outa the box. maybe cuz i had 0-1 bar? low signal=more battery possibly? just seems little excessive
    yea if you are in a bad service area your battery is affected. you will loose battery life faster becuase it is searching for service more.
  6.    #6  
    much better today in the same spots, just took off push email. from 1130-730 right now still 73% left. Much better battery life with push off, man push eats the battery even with 10 emails a day. the heartbeat for the server must be polling very often keeping the evdo open and killing the battery
  7. #7  
    I have this same problem... full service in my area... why isnt there an app that manages the connection better than WM? Everytime I disconnect the internet, it just automatically connects anyway... NOTHING other than the phone is running... any ideas?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by agibby5 View Post
    I have this same problem... full service in my area... why isnt there an app that manages the connection better than WM? Everytime I disconnect the internet, it just automatically connects anyway... NOTHING other than the phone is running... any ideas?
    You probably have some type of program that is forcing the connection open e.g. for updating. For example, Newsbreak RSS by default is enabled for automatic updates, you have to disable it in Options. Check you IM programs, weather, etc.

    Unless a program is trying to connect to the internet, you should not have an active data connection. Trust me, hard-reset your phone and watch the normal behavior of the device, it won't do what you are now experiencing which says --> user configuration = reason.

    For all of those worried about battery drain, try out acbTaskMan which will graph real-time CPU usage, so you can see what is running/doing the update. Also, using any resource monitor will show rogue programs running in the background that you had no idea were running.

    For push email users: try SBSH PhoneWeaver

    On the Today Plugin, it has an "email icon" which allows you to enable/disable Push email instantly. You can even configure it per profile. Great way to temporarily suspend AS/Push email.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  9.    #9  
    well my battery problems got solved but my screen constantly randomly auto dims and i have to constantly reset its getting really annoying. i tried hard reset and it still does it. also dims when i turn the screen back on usually.
  10. #10  
    What I've found with my phone....

    I just started visiting a place that I get 1x... well, a place that I stay for about 6 hours at a time... when there my battery drains very fast... I also get a low signal.... Within 6 hours, my battery dropped from around 90% to 15%.... does this each time I visit there....

    Now, while at home, I'm on evdo and my batt can last for days... then again, I also get a strong signal at home.

    In both cases I check email every now and again.... really wild anyway....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    You probably have some type of program that is forcing the connection open e.g. for updating. For example, Newsbreak RSS by default is enabled for automatic updates, you have to disable it in Options. Check you IM programs, weather, etc.

    Unless a program is trying to connect to the internet, you should not have an active data connection. Trust me, hard-reset your phone and watch the normal behavior of the device, it won't do what you are now experiencing which says --> user configuration = reason.

    For all of those worried about battery drain, try out acbTaskMan which will graph real-time CPU usage, so you can see what is running/doing the update. Also, using any resource monitor will show rogue programs running in the background that you had no idea were running.

    For push email users: try SBSH PhoneWeaver

    On the Today Plugin, it has an "email icon" which allows you to enable/disable Push email instantly. You can even configure it per profile. Great way to temporarily suspend AS/Push email.
    I tried the task program and was able to see that i had a bunch of stuff running, even though I didnt think there was anything running...

    what are the following apps:

    poutlook.exe
    pmsnserver.exe

    and how do I end them for good? they always keep coming back.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by agibby5 View Post
    I tried the task program and was able to see that i had a bunch of stuff running, even though I didnt think there was anything running...

    what are the following apps:

    poutlook.exe
    pmsnserver.exe

    and how do I end them for good? they always keep coming back.
    poutlook.exe is for email, so I would not disable it (at least I have not heard of anyone doing so).

    pmsnserver.exe is related to MSN Mobile. If you use it: hotmail, IM, etc. Then do not touch.

    If you would like to disable, pick yerself up a Reg Editor and search for:

    pmsnshared.dll

    Once found, delete the last "l" --> pmsnshared.dl

    Then hit "Find next" as there are about 10 instances of this to fix in the registry. Do all of them and then do a soft reset.

    This will prevent pmsnshared.exe from launching and also block you from using MSN.

    However: those are all very normal systems operations so I do not believe they are related to your battery drain.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  13. #13  
    i actually had the same problem with my battery, because my phone kept connecting to the internet. I thought it was my IM+, or weatherpanel so i uninstalled both apps after i tried changing the settings (to no avail). It kept on connecting after i uninstalled those programs and i was frustrated. So i went on to my gmail and redid my whole email account there, checking every setting. It turned out that it was connecting every min to check mail, even though i had turned this option off. I wouldn't even make it a full 9 hours with my fone dying off because of this problem.

    Also i was wondering, my phone keeps vibrating when i turn it on or off, or when i plug it in to charge or unplug it from charging. How do i turn this option off? i have the treo alert program, but i set it to just LED. Thanx in advance.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdpnwo View Post
    i actually had the same problem with my battery, because my phone kept connecting to the internet. I thought it was my IM+, or weatherpanel so i uninstalled both apps after i tried changing the settings (to no avail). It kept on connecting after i uninstalled those programs and i was frustrated. So i went on to my gmail and redid my whole email account there, checking every setting. It turned out that it was connecting every min to check mail, even though i had turned this option off. I wouldn't even make it a full 9 hours with my fone dying off because of this problem.

    Also i was wondering, my phone keeps vibrating when i turn it on or off, or when i plug it in to charge or unplug it from charging. How do i turn this option off? i have the treo alert program, but i set it to just LED. Thanx in advance.
    Not sure if you got this answer, but you can turn off the vibrate off when charging, etc. by going to Settings/Personal/Sounds and Notifications/Nofications/Sled Insertions (uncheck boxes).

    Hope that helps.

Posting Permissions