Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Had a bad weekend with the phone. As it's dropped before but this time it hit on just perfect on the antenna and spider webbed the screen.

    Anyone know how what Verizon will do? Have to buy a new phone, replacement cost? The phone works in all aspects.

    Thanks-
  2. #2  
    One question.......:"Do you have insurance?"

    If you do, they will charge you $50, and send a new (or refurbished...not sure about that point I think new though) unit.


    If you do not have insurance, all I can say is either start looking on ebay, or reach deep into your pockets...you will be charged the full price, so discounts, and I believe the going rate is at about $499.99!!!!

    Actually...now that I think about it...how far into your plan are you? Close enough to switch to a 'dumbed-down' phone (an older one you saved, or a cheapie on ebay ($20 or under will get you a decent 'get you through' phone)) untill you can get the discounts for a new model!!
  3. psywzrd's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #3  
    Here's another option if you don't have insurance. Get yourself a new, cheap phone and immediately add the insurance to your account. A couple days later, switch back to your Treo (I assume you have a Treo since you're posting here). If they ask why you're switching back, just tell them that you realized you can't be without a smart phone, etc. A couple days later file an insurance because you dropped your phone. You'll have to pay the deductible but that is much cheaper than paying for a brand-new phone. It's a little shady but it should work.
  4. webedc's Avatar
    Posts
    492 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    Here's another option if you don't have insurance. Get yourself a new, cheap phone and immediately add the insurance to your account. A couple days later, switch back to your Treo (I assume you have a Treo since you're posting here). If they ask why you're switching back, just tell them that you realized you can't be without a smart phone, etc. A couple days later file an insurance because you dropped your phone. You'll have to pay the deductible but that is much cheaper than paying for a brand-new phone. It's a little shady but it should work.
    Is this fraud? Moderator?
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  5.    #5  
    Well I have a new phone and it went down like this....

    I didn't have insurance, which I do now. Now I tried to call and see if I could add the insurance and an FYI if you don't have it, you have 15 days from when you activate the phone to add it. I was on day 31. I will carry this phone for 8 more years and never have this happen again but I have it now. Anyway....

    They said it was going to cost me full retail of a new phone. So I asked if it was a total of $175 to drop my contract with Verizon? He said that is correct and I said it will be cheaper to pay the $175 and go down the street and sign up with Cingular and get the new 750 ($299) than pay your $612 full retail. He then asked if I could wait and he wanted to talk the manager. About 10 minutes later the manager said she would give me the in store promo of $299 if I agreed to move my new every 2 date back. I have to say I'm very pleased with the service I received on that deal from Verizon. I knew I wasn't going to pay full retail, but I didn't know if they would do what they did.

    Anyway I have the most expensive spare battery and 2nd phone charger for the wx's on the market.

    Oh well these things happen!
  6. webedc's Avatar
    Posts
    492 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk2hawk View Post
    They said it was going to cost me full retail of a new phone. So I asked if it was a total of $175 to drop my contract with Verizon? He said that is correct and I said it will be cheaper to pay the $175 and go down the street and sign up with Cingular and get the new 750 ($299) than pay your $612 full retail. He then asked if I could wait and he wanted to talk the manager. About 10 minutes later the manager said she would give me the in store promo of $299 if I agreed to move my new every 2 date back. I have to say I'm very pleased with the service I received on that deal from Verizon. I knew I wasn't going to pay full retail, but I didn't know if they would do what they did.
    It's great that it got resolved! :-)
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  7. blile's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #7  
    I have a question:

    What if I bought at 700w from verizon, got the insurance added, then bought at 700wx from Ebay and added it to my account. The question is, is the 700wx that I bought from Ebay covered under my insurance now?

    So if it breaks, can I get an insurance replacement for the wx?

    Anyone know? Thanks!
  8. #8  
    hawk2hawk: Congrats!!! You found a way!! I have always been pleased with Verizon CS (their prices are a bit high (data plans)), they have always found a way (usually to my benefit) to resolve any issue I may come up with.

    blile: I may be wrong on this, but I think the insurance is based on the Electronic ID # on the phone.
  9.    #9  
    same 1969....I found when dealing with Verizon CS with my POS Moto Q that if you were nice to the 1st person you talked too and just said what was wrong it got you a lot farther than ranting at that person since they don't have any power to do anything other than to screw you over since you are being a jerk.

    TOTALLY agree on the high data plan cost.
  10. blile's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    hawk2hawk: Congrats!!! You found a way!! I have always been pleased with Verizon CS (their prices are a bit high (data plans)), they have always found a way (usually to my benefit) to resolve any issue I may come up with.

    blile: I may be wrong on this, but I think the insurance is based on the Electronic ID # on the phone.
    So do you think that my new wx that I bought on Ebay will be covered with the insurance? Thanks.
  11. #11  
    A phone you purchase from ebay will not be covered by Verizon, You can only take out the insurance at the time of purchase. (now....if you can 'blur' the lines and switch it over from say a w to a wx yourself, I do not know what that will do). As far as I know though you can only insure items with Verizon on phones purchased through Verizon.

    (To be fair, I am going by memory of my dealings, I admit I could be mistaken on some fime points.)
  12. psywzrd's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    A phone you purchase from ebay will not be covered by Verizon, You can only take out the insurance at the time of purchase. (now....if you can 'blur' the lines and switch it over from say a w to a wx yourself, I do not know what that will do). As far as I know though you can only insure items with Verizon on phones purchased through Verizon.

    (To be fair, I am going by memory of my dealings, I admit I could be mistaken on some fime points.)
    You can definitely insure a phone you bought off ebay. If you already have insurance on your account, the insurance will automatically switch over to whatever phone you activate. In my case, I had a 700w & bought a 700wx on ebay. I called to activate and confirmed that my insurance remained intact It's a beautiful thing.
  13.    #13  
    I tried to add insurance to my phone even though the screen was cracked and it has nothing to do with Verizon. He said I would love to add it for you so I only had to pay the $50 bucks, but I had to call the Verizon insurance company. They can only add it was it's purchased new. So when I called the insurance comp. they looked up my acct. and said that since I didn't have insurance with my POS Moto Q and that my wx had been active for 31 days I could not insure it. She said that you have 15 days once you activate a phone to add insurance. The fact that my wx was broke was never mentioned.

Posting Permissions