1.    #1  
    what are the main differences between Sprite Backup and SPB Backup? And which one is more reliable and better? I have a Treo 700 wx and a Treo 755P
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome
    Price....Sprite is free to Treo users. Other than that, I think they are pretty comperable, you have people on either side of the fence when it comes to which is better....kinda like the argument of 700p vs 700w/wx.

For what it is worth, I use SPB, and don't have any problems. If you use SPB products (PocketPlus, Shell....) it meshes better!!

Good luck!!
  3.    #3  
    what do you mean spb 'meshes' better?

is sprite free for both 700wx and 755p owners? lol 'free' maybe the ticket for us. where do I get this offer?

what are a few examples why you like spb better?

thanks!
    It's free for 700wx and 700w owners, you can get it on your treo cd or palm.com
    What I meant by 'meshes' better is that you can create a tab for it in PocketPlus and it can be accessed easily on the Today screen without taking up any real-estate. I uses Sprite for a bit, and did not really 'dis-like' it, but I thought SPB was a bit more user friendly, and I liked the desktop unpacker, I think Sprite has one as well, but I am not sure. The biggest thing for me was probably just having it on the today screen, giving you a last backup time. If you like Sprite (and I have nothing bad to say about it, just preference), just go to Palm.com, and enter your Serial number into the download page, and you will get Sprite (or as mentioned above, it is on the CD). I assume the 755p a palm OS device (?) if so, then neither will work on it. If it is a wm device, I would think either should work fine!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    .... If you like Sprite (and I have nothing bad to say about it, just preference), just go to Palm.com, and enter your Serial number into the download page, and you will get Sprite (or as mentioned above, it is on the CD). ..!
    I got my treo 700wx thru a warranty exchange so it did not come w/ a CD. The serial #, you referring to the one on back of the phone next to the ESN # ?
    Yes...just go to the site on here, scroll about 2/3 down to download, and on the next screen just enter your serial # and click download.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...kup/index.html
    Sprite is the only backup program at the moment that supports backup straight to your computer using Sprite Backup Agent
    will this work for the 750?
    Quote Originally Posted by skp_sr View Post
    will this work for the 750?
    This works very well on Windows Mobile devices
    My experience with the Sprite Backup/Restore has been great. I automatically back-up to my laptop almost every day and about once a week I manually backup to my memory card.

On June 2, after 17 months, I had my first problem with the Treo 700W. I ended up goin g to the local Verizon Service Center. The only way to fix the error was to perform a hard reset, thus making my Treo look new.

I went home, inserted the memory card, and ran the Sprite Restore. This restored my Treo to two days earlier.

I then synced my Treo which brought it up to may latest entries in Outlook. I ended up losig nothing; I also had no duplicates or extraneous entries. It took about 15 minutes to restore and resync.

I am extremely pleased with the Sprite Backup and Restore and I recommend it.

I have no experience with the SPB product so I cannot comment on its functionality or ease of use.

Bob
  12.    #12  
    I deal with a couple thousands of contacts and few yrs of calendar items and hundreds of tasks. Since I have seen many Activesync issues when syncing (between two computers), what's the thought of hard reset, install all the apps you want, leaving out all pda-related items like calendar, tasks, contacts..., then backing up w/ sprite? Thus if all goes haywire, just restore from sprite, and do a Device to PC Active sync to get the pda data onto the device. No questions then about duplicate info ending up on desktop or device.

I know you mentioned you did not get duplicate, missing info, etc. using you method but I do not have tons of confidence on ActiveSync.

Question. can sprite be installed onto the Sd card or does it have to be installed onto the device?
    Quote Originally Posted by remilk View Post
    My experience with the Sprite Backup/Restore has been great. I automatically back-up to my laptop almost every day and about once a week I manually backup to my memory card.

On June 2, after 17 months, I had my first problem with the Treo 700W. I ended up goin g to the local Verizon Service Center. The only way to fix the error was to perform a hard reset, thus making my Treo look new.

I went home, inserted the memory card, and ran the Sprite Restore. This restored my Treo to two days earlier.

I then synced my Treo which brought it up to may latest entries in Outlook. I ended up losig nothing; I also had no duplicates or extraneous entries. It took about 15 minutes to restore and resync.

I am extremely pleased with the Sprite Backup and Restore and I recommend it.

I have no experience with the SPB product so I cannot comment on its functionality or ease of use.

Bob
    I am not going into details because you can do a search here and get more information, but I had problems during a restore with Sprite that left me high and dry, and I switched to SPB and do not regret it.
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post

Question. can sprite be installed onto the Sd card or does it have to be installed onto the device?
    I installed Sprite Backup/Restore onto my SD Card. After the hard reset, I pressed the Windows Key, Programs, File Explorer. At the top of the screen I selected Storage Card (as opposed to My Device). I then navigated to Program Files, Sprite Backup. At this point I ran the Sprite Backup Program; when it started I selected the restore function.

Best of Luck,
    Bob
  15.    #15  
    Thanks guys...
    I finally did a hard reset (had to clear up some JUNK) and restored everything last night. I installed Sprite to the SD card (some note on the their site says this is good place to install the 5MN+ pgm). When I backed up, the Treo hung on the reboot (at the 'TREO" screen)...after 10 mins or so, I hit the soft reset button- upon reboot, it took only about 1 1/2 mins to backup the Treo. Not too bad!
    I have installed Sprite backup, and I can't find the answer to my question.. Does Sprite automatically back-up you contacts?? I don't see an option in the program..
    Just as a word of caution, the current version of Sprite might have some bugs in relation to WM6. SPB appears to work just fine. Some Mogul users were getting an infinite reset loop with Sprite that SPB did cause. I mention this as some of you 750 users may want to keep this in mind with the upcoming WM6 upgrade.

However, Sprite may fix it by they anyways.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I like spb backup better i try sprite but it kept freezing my device