Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    I've never seen blue led on any treo
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Z there should be blue led in there.Doing some reading on are trusty treos the 650 has blue on board.The devices are basically the same of the exception of the os and memory..It's hiding well f,sure
    Hah, first the blinking red LED was the elusive white whale, now the blue LED is the white whale, lol.

Sling, if you find anything about a blue LED, can you post a link? Seriously I couldn't find anything about a blue LED anywhere...

Tonight I'll update TreoLED with some debug options so you can pass in the values directly yourself.

Treo 700 series = (4,294,967,296 * 4,294,967,296) combinations
    Treo 750 series = (4,294,967,296 to the 5th power) combinations

Heheh, it might take you awhile to prove/disprove this.

Just FYI, sometimes when debugging hardware or doing "bringup" of software on hardware, cards with debug LEDs are plugged in since nothing else is functional at the time. This may have been what you found, but not sure.
    Z I must retract my last blue led post.I little confusion in my read - info on the 650...my bust it somtimes happens.SO DONT LOOK FOR IT LOL
  4.    #124  
    I spent some more time testing this on the 700wx and I'm sorta convinced that you can't do anything else with this other than what we found already (using the undocumented kernel ioctl hack I found).

However, after a little research I decided to experiment with, uhhh, some new, even LOWER level hacks...

And I may have found some things. In my experimentation, I managed to (1) make the blink very rapid, and (2) change the "on" duration during a blink. For example, right now the green blink is much more steady than say the red blink because it stays in the "on" position longer.

Still way too early to tell. I'm trying to make some sense of the registers and values. Once again I'm flying blind here, lol.
    hehehe, we may have fast/slow blink yet in our future.
    hmm fast blink...what a breath of fresh air Fast red,fast orange,fast green heheh im a loving it
  7.    #127  
    Hmmm...

I've been able to make fast blink orange,red & green with some control over the speed. But it turns back to normal blink after 3 or 4 seconds.

BUT I think I found a fast blink green that stays that way, needs more testing. And I also ran into something that was:

fast-blink green 7 times, orange blink, fast-blink green 3 times, red-blink, then back to normal blink green (WTF?!?!)

Clearly there's some stuff I don't understand here
    lol, we need that one for our hidden tune in TA.

Sling did you find Waldo yet?
    nope. I dropped the final 6.2 and in break mode like yourself.It will be found tomorrow though
  10.    #130  
    Alright guys, I got good news...

Check out the following LED modes, heheh

off
    green-solid
    green-strobe
    green-blink
    green-blink-fast
    green-blink-turbo
    red-solid
    red-strobe
    red-blink
    red-blink-fast
    red-blink-turbo
    orange-solid
    orange-strobe
    orange-blink
    orange-blink-fast
    orange-blink-turbo
    red-blink-slow
    green-blink-slow
    orange-blink-slow

I have an "alternating-blink" and an "alternating-blink-fast" that switches between red and green, but they only work about 90% of the time, so I'm not gonna add them until I can figure it out. Also the slow blinks are not that great, they are too slow and inconsistent in my opinion, but I included them anyways. Everything else works perfect.

The red-blink and orange-blink are now alot better than the previous version of TreoLED, MUCH easier to see and tell the difference. And even the green-blink is more consistent. I think I figured out why the LED blink on the Treo 700 is less consistent than the LED blink on the Treo 650 -- it has to do with the way the kernel is managing the LEDs. Oh yeah, I found the solid orange too!

So the difference between a blink and a strobe is subtle, but very easy to tell once you get used to it. They both blink at the same rate, but have a different duty cyle. "Blink" is a steady glowing blink, and "strobe" is a brief strobing flash. The green strobe on my 700wx is almost identical to the green service LED on my girlfriend's Treo 650. But when I compared them side-by-side I did notice that hers seems to flash brighter. Unfortunately, I haven't found anything that will let me control the brightness of the LED.

This is a bit risky until it's been tested very carefully, so you guys will need to hold off bundling it until you're convinced it's safe. Like I said, this is LOW-level. I ended up bypassing the kernel completely, and instead I'm mapping in physical I/O pages into the address space of my app, and then programming the ASIC's I/O registers directly. So a little research and ALOT of guesswork, and you have your own lightshow

Now I DARE someone to ask me about that damn blue LED, lol.
    wow zbop, you found all that by random chance? Awesome job! I can't wait to give it a whirl!!!

Is this only for the 700wx?
    hehe who cares about blue lol.We now have total control over led.
    Z gets my vote for the most valuble scripter/hacker award 2007
    I'll 2nd that motion.
    Z are you going to post or do the mail thing?
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    wow zbop, you found all that by random chance? Awesome job! I can't wait to give it a whirl!!!

Is this only for the 700wx?
    Hah, well it was a little more than random chance , there was some semi-educated guesswork involved, lol.

Unfortunately, there is very little doc on the 700wx hardware and the info I found was both incomplete and incorrect. But at least there was a starting point; I haven't found anything on the 750 so I have no clue if it will work or not.
  16.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Z are you going to post or do the mail thing?
    I've got a little more work to do still... I'll put it online and send you guys PM when I'm done, might be late.
    hehe I stay awake
    zbop, is your led app only being selectively released, or can anyone have access to it?
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    zbop, is your led app only being selectively released, or can anyone have access to it?
    Yeah... where is TreoLED?
    Z Quote,

This is a bit risky until it's been tested very carefully, so you guys will need to hold off bundling it until you're convinced it's safe. Like I said, this is LOW-level. I ended up bypassing the kernel completely, and instead I'm mapping in physical I/O pages into the address space of my app, and then programming the ASIC's I/O registers directly. So a little research and ALOT of guesswork, and you have your own lightshow

Now I DARE someone to ask me about that damn blue LED, lol.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast