Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    orange is roam more then likely
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    orange is roam more then likely
    Counld be for roam also, but it's there for no signal when I bring it out of flight mode.
    That is true but on my wx before all this cool led stuff Z has built the orange would blink a couple times after softreset being the signal was not locked in so thats how I figured it may be roam
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    solid red when charging? yes
    solid green when fully charged? yes
    blinking green when? dunno
    blinking red when? dunno
    blinking orange when? out of signal
    does bluetooth or battery ever cause led to blink, when, what color? not from what I've seen.
    what's this about signal strength and the LED? if no signal it blinks orange (yes it's orange. I compared charging red to out of signal orange and they are most definitely different)
    I thought I saw in a different post a reference to signal strength and the 750v (or maybe they were just talking about the "in service" indicator).

Basically I'm looking for some clues to correlate values to LED behavior. I see calls to the lower-level LED driver from various DLLs including bluetooth, battery, gsm and I'm wondering what the heck they are doing. I know that some other PDAphones will light up different LEDs/colors for wifi and bluetooth. And I believe it blinks green when you get a battery alert, but that may be just because of the notification.

Sling/hannip/cody, congrats on the latest version, you are on a roll!

BTW, do you guys ever sleep? lol
    It seems the birds are always chirping in the early mourning when when we get done working on it lol
    Thanks for the props Z
    Sleep? Yeah, I remember doing that. Been a long time.
    Well I tested the different battery warning levels, but it just popups up a notification. No led blink.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    hes right about the 750...

solid red when charging
    solid green when fully charged
    blinking orange when its searching for signal / coming out of flight mode.

thats all ive ever seen on my 750. hope this confirmation helps with the 750 development. and yes thank all of you guys for the late nights you put in and all of the hard work. do you guys have anything setup for donations? cause id be glad to donate for everyones hard work. keep it up guys!
    hmm, my 750 is blinking orange led. How could that be? hehehe
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    not fair! lol man i love the tc community.
  11.    #111  
    So as hannip has hinted to, heheh, we do have some LED blink colors showing on the 750 (yay!!)

Unfortunately, it's still not completely under control. We need a little more experimentation, but this is a really good sign. Should be soon, so stay tuned...
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    waaahhhhhooooo! sooooooo excited!
    Z sorry man I gave my bro 750 back to him hmm he took it from me lol.I will bum it off him tommrow and get some test done on your new finds.Hhe I bet there is some blue led in there somewere/BT blue
    Thanks again
    Last edited by slingbox; 05/28/2007 at 01:35 AM.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    we can always use my 750 :-D
  15.    #115  
    Alright, we are really close now...

On the treo 750 we now have:

LED green-blink
    LED green-solid
    LED red-solid
    LED orange-blink
    LED off

...so we are ALMOST on par with the treo 700, just missing red-blink.

I believe hannip and sling are busy tinkering to add the orange-blink to Treo Alert.

I'm thinking about posting a test program that lets you stuff different bit patterns into the LED driver. Heheh, we could make it a contest to see who comes up with solid-orange first, or fast-blink or anything else that might be there. Anyone with a copy of Mortscript can play

Thanks to hannip, sling, and scottymomo for helping out with the testing!
    oooooh what pretty colors
    Skittles
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    alright well if you guys need my help with anything you guys know ive been here for the whole process just wish i could of helped out more! BUT im not trying to sound like im not happy for what you guys have discovered, but is there anyway to do like a crazy pattern of led blinks? like say for a missed call... it could go green red orange green red orange.... like the 3 colors over and over in a pattern for a missed call. that would be KILLER! but if not shhhhhhhh.. im happy for what you guys have produced/discovered this far. so high effin five to all of you guys for your hard work and late nights. once again thanks to everyone!
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by kr3st View Post
    alright well if you guys need my help with anything you guys know ive been here for the whole process just wish i could of helped out more! BUT im not trying to sound like im not happy for what you guys have discovered, but is there anyway to do like a crazy pattern of led blinks? like say for a missed call... it could go green red orange green red orange.... like the 3 colors over and over in a pattern for a missed call. that would be KILLER! but if not shhhhhhhh.. im happy for what you guys have produced/discovered this far. so high effin five to all of you guys for your hard work and late nights. once again thanks to everyone!
    Hey kr3st, thanks for volunteering your treo for the cause, but we got by without having to deprive you of your phone
    BTW, we are missing a few things and it may just take some brute force to find the magic values, so you may get your chance to help out just yet, heheh.

And yes, we can do KILLER combinations like you mentioned pretty easily, just two problems...

It is a KILLER on the battery (most LED blink implementation is done in hardware, we would have do the patterns in software). The other problem is that we'd have to find a way to keep this going when the phone is supposed to be in suspended/sleep mode.
    Z there should be blue led in there.Doing some reading on are trusty treos the 650 has blue on board.The devices are basically the same of the exception of the os and memory..It's hiding well f,sure