1.    #1  
    Am I to expect to have poor reception with a Verizon Treo compared to a cellphone? I just got a Verizon 700wx and have no signal strength bars on the phone. The phone I am replacing, a Motorola E815 has 3 bars in the same location. (Northridge, CA)
    the e815 is one of verizons strongest phones in terms of reception. with that being said, a 3 bar difference sounds like a lot. you might want to go back to verizon to try another one.
    also bars on phones between manufacturers are different, i believe the moto's have 5 bars for full signal and the treo's have 4 so that'd account for some difference. always go by the actual signal #'s (-xx db) thats the accurate measurement of the phone's signal. you can lookup the codes to get to that menu, i know phonenews.com has a section of these codes.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    To get the actual signal strength on the 700wx for VZW, dial ##33284#. Once you do that, the first # you see on the screen (RSSI Value) is the signal strength. Since there is a minus sign before the signal strength, you want the number itself to be lower (-90 is a better signal than -100, etc.).
    oh. I didn't know this. I use sprint. my "strength" is -73. :-)
    Get another one. It's possible to get bad ones out of the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAN309 View Post
    Am I to expect to have poor reception with a Verizon Treo compared to a cellphone? I just got a Verizon 700wx and have no signal strength bars on the phone. The phone I am replacing, a Motorola E815 has 3 bars in the same location. (Northridge, CA)
    You have a not uncommon complaint. My treo gets 20-30% worse reception that my wifes five year old LG4400 basic clamshell phone.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.