1.    #1  
    A friend in another forum, non-Treo related, just loaded WM6 onto his phone (originally WM5).

I was wondering if anyone has tried, and succeeded or failed, in loading WM6?

I don't want links to files, etc, as that would violate the rules. I simply want to know if someone else has done it and if they have succeeded.

I was going to get the UTStarcom 6800 when it came out, as I work for a cell company, but I decided to go with the 700WX instead since I like the design a bit more personally (not a big fan of sliding keyboard phones).

Anyhow. Just wondering. I tried a generic forum search but came up empty. It's late so if I missed that hiding thread I give you permission to kick me.

Thanks!
    Not as of yet.

When the 750 WM6 upgrade comes out we may actully be able to get it to work on the 700wx becuase wideawake was able to get a sord of dump from the 700wx and with that we may beable to get wm6.

i know i said that it wouldnt help before the upgrade put now that we have this dump it may.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigmattFromJeRSeY View Post
    Not as of yet.

When the 750 WM6 upgrade comes out we may actully be able to get it to work on the 700wx becuase wideawake was able to get a sord of dump from the 700wx and with that we may beable to get wm6.

i know i said that it wouldnt help before the upgrade put now that we have this dump it may.
    Doubtful. That will take a LOT of reverse engineering on this communities part. XDA probably won't help because they are getting the upgrade where as we are not. It isn't like the Apache vs. 6700 series. Those were identical phones... what we can hope for is a similar process to bootload our own custom roms. There have been dumps from the WX for months now (probably since the release). Maybe even get a few programs from WM6 750's but not the entire OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Doubtful. That will take a LOT of reverse engineering on this communities part. XDA probably won't help because they are getting the upgrade where as we are not. It isn't like the Apache vs. 6700 series. Those were identical phones... what we can hope for is a similar process to bootload our own custom roms. There have been dumps from the WX for months now (probably since the release). Maybe even get a few programs from WM6 750's but not the entire OS.
    Yea it would take alot of work.But anything is possibly. like i said before i would rather see the 755w with wm6 and with the burgundy housing and no antenna then a wm6 upgrade for 700wx.
    I don't know if I could take the battery/miniSD hit. I currently use the Seidio 3200mAh battery and MINI-SD? wha?! who? Come on... However, that being said, 320x320 screen could make me forget those things. Not because I am jaded by the POS 320x320 but because of lack of 240x240 programs out there and SPECIAL edition programs needed to run them.