1.    #1  
    i was at the cingular store today and the treo 750 there has the ability to surf the net and be on the phone at the asme time ...the rep mentioned this was because of the 3g, well sprint has that too but iv never heard of this ability, is this the revision or wahtever or is that exclusive GSM thing? i mean there has to be a point where both technologies will somewhat merge...sprint and verizon are two huge companies that are digital and dont offer anything international and these other abilities... anyone know anything
    Its a function of EDVO Rev A with Sprint and Verizon. i don't believe there are any phones out on the CDMA carriers that can do this yet but the 6800 and I760 are rumored to have that capability.

Also 3G is in very sparse locations. If it were in more cities like EDVO already is I'd have dumped sprint for cingular awhile ago. Much better unlocked phones available are worth it for me but not at the lost of speed. So once AT&T gets their **** together and starts bringing 3g to the masses I'll look at them. Until then its Sprint or Verizon.
    EVDO doesn't support voice and data at the same time. UMTS/HSDPA on the 750 does. I think EVDO rev A does but requires a different radio (aka) new Treo
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Apparently even with EVDO Rev A, some more infrastructure work would need to be done to get Voice and Data simultaneously, so it likely wont happen at least until 2009.

Surur
    Quote from a friend of mine who is a Sprint Sales Engineer...

UMTS / HSDPA can do that since they are using two separate channels for voice & data. There are no plans & the architecture for REV A. Will not support that.
    I'm sure there are tons of users that must surf and talk at the same time.Sprints wimax will make that possible and more with the full roll out in early to mid 2008.They will own high speed wireless Internet and talk on the phone at the same time
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    I'm sure there are tons of users that must surf and talk at the same time.Sprints wimax will make that possible and more with the full roll out in early to mid 2008.They will own high speed wireless Internet and talk on the phone at the same time

Will Sprint be installing the equipment, or do you think they'll sub it out?
    There are installing on towers now and have a couple test areas online.When it comes to they a sub you got me on that one.
    moto && samsung are throwing lots of money into the deal so I would think they would sub much of it out to get the wimax online faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Its a function of EDVO Rev A with Sprint and Verizon. i don't believe there are any phones out on the CDMA carriers that can do this yet but the 6800 and I760 are rumored to have that capability.
    Both Sprint and Verizon are CDMA carriers.

Sounds like a cool feature. Don't think I'd get much use out of it, but for business people who use their TREO for everything I could see that being very important.
    If you're on the phone with someone and you/they need directions, it's really nice to be able to pull up Google Maps and get it while you're still on the phone

What are google maps lol..
    I BT and use tomtom letting that do all the work
    I have the 750, and love the UMTS/HSDPA capability.

I find that I rarely need high-speed data transfer, so I keep the phone on GSM only most of the time. My 1200mah battery has 50% left at the end of the day if I keep it that way. When I want to download something or use the Slingbox, I switch it to UMTS until I'm done.

What's best about it is the ability to use iot when I need to, and then shut it off and get awesome battery life.
    There are installing on towers now and have a couple test areas online.When it comes to they a sub you got me on that one.
    moto && samsung are throwing lots of money into the deal so I would think they would sub much of it out to get the wimax online faster.

In my former company, I was doing a lot of work for T-Mobile. As well as other projects such as private companies, and city wide deployment- last project was in Oregon(I left in the middle of it.) Now I work on crappy phone systems. I want to get back into wifi... voip/wifi, not tdm BS
    What are google maps lol..
    I BT and use tomtom letting that do all the work
    What if you're not in the car, just walking around somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    What if you're not in the car, just walking around somewhere?
    he uses tomtom so he doesn't get lost walking around LOL.