Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been reading Treo Central for over a year but this is the first time I have had to post.

The alarm that comes on my phone will not turn off. I use the alarm everyday and a notification comes up when I can turn off the alarm. Today, there is no notification to turn off.

I have unchecked the alarm under clock/alarms. I have made numerous soft resets. I have taken the battery out for an extended period of time. All to no avail.

I installed Treo Alerts 5.8 last night. I have had the other versions of Treo Alerts with no problems. I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

I will wait as long as I can stand the alarm going off before a hard reset. Any help would be appreciated.
  2.    #2  
    The issue stopped for some time last night. I did a soft reset this morning and the alarm is going again. Anyone???
    I had this problem a lot - so much so that I stopped using the built-in alarms completely. The only thing that helped me was a hard reset, although there might be a regedit I'm unaware of.
    END OF LINE
    Most likely a problem with your notification database. Get yourself an app like sktools or MemMaid and take a look at the notification db. Look for an entry called Alarm or something like that. Delete it. Problem solved.

HTH!
    Last edited by JGold; 05/20/2007 at 09:27 AM.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  5.    #5  
    I use Sprite Backup. I am still learning this thing. I assume I will have to reload the Palm update, Daylight Savings update, and threaded SMS if I do a hard reset correct???
    did you try to clear the duplicate notifications by memmaid?
    Quote Originally Posted by blue0745 View Post
    I use Sprite Backup. I am still learning this thing. I assume I will have to reload the Palm update, Daylight Savings update, and threaded SMS if I do a hard reset correct???
    No need for a hard reset, dude. I have heard about this issue time and time again. The problem is always a rogue notification. You can do a hard reset if you'd like, but you would just be wasting your time. As for reloading if you have a backup, there might be a good chance that your rogue notification might be in the backup.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  8.    #8  
    I do not have MemMaid but will purchase it and try it later today and report back.

JGold, by rogue notification are you recommending the same fix through MemMaid?

Not sure if this helps, but even if I set a new alarm, the notification key never comes up. I can't stop the new alarm. However when I soft reset its only the original alarm that goes off for about 10-15 minutes.

Again, I'll try the MemMaid option later tonight.
  9.    #9  
    Purchased MemMaid. Scanned and cleaned everything. Alarms still go after soft reset. They do turn off after about 10 minites which is a plus.

Any other ideas?

What about my hard reset questions? Will I have to reinstall the updater, DST patch, and threaded SMS?

Thank you everyone that is trying to help!!!
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pontiacy View Post
    did you try to clear the duplicate notifications by memmaid?
    this is your answer...do NOT do a hard reset!

i had the same issue. get memmaid; click on the "jump to" option and select "notification queue"; click on "find duplicates" and delete duplicates.

now, 1 more step...after the above, in the "notif queue" you still have to search and delete the boxes that say "windows/clock.exe".

Here is a link to the my original thread on this issue:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=128273
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by box33 View Post
    this is your answer...do NOT do a hard reset!

i had the same issue. get memmaid; click on the "jump to" option and select "notification queue"; click on "find duplicates" and delete duplicates.

now, 1 more step...after the above, in the "notif queue" you still have to search and delete the boxes that say "windows/clock.exe".

Here is a link to the my original thread on this issue:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=128273

Box you rock!!! This got the alarm to actually turn off. I am unable to use the alarm program that came with the Treo but who cares. No more ringing!!!

Looking for another 3rd party alarm program now.

Thanks Box. I have been messing with this for three days. Thank you so much.

And thanks to everyone else who tried to help.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Box you rock!!! This got the alarm to actually turn off. I am unable to use the alarm program that came with the Treo but who cares. No more ringing!!!

look at the link in my previous reply for a great phone alarm app.
    If you're cheap like me, and want a free program to do this, here ya go:

http://pocketmax.net/_d/pmClean.arm.cab

You're welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post

Using this free app worked. Ran it did cleanup on Notifications, did a soft reset, then the bad notifications popped back up where I could now dismiss them.

Thanks!!!!!
    So any good free Alarm apps then? Funds are a little low, we are still catching up on the newborn baby's hospital bills!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post

My problem is that I had an alarm set. Then, even after I cancelled it, it keeps going off at the same time it was originally set to every day. Will this pmClean.arm.cab fix this issue? Will it then make my original treo alarms unusuable? If so, is there a way just to delete that alarm without losing the entire functionality?
    Thanks,
    Russ
  18. 2sa
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by russmd View Post
    My problem is that I had an alarm set. Then, even after I cancelled it, it keeps going off at the same time it was originally set to every day. Will this pmClean.arm.cab fix this issue? Will it then make my original treo alarms unusuable? If so, is there a way just to delete that alarm without losing the entire functionality?
    Thanks,
    Russ

I am currently having this same problem...I found the notifications in MemMaid and deleted some of the stuff there. Now, my alarms will go off as planned but with no audible noise......the phone will vibrate even if I have the sound enabled.

Anyone have any advice? I still want to use my alarms that came with the phone....I just want them to work correctly.
    Device: 700wx,4G SD Card
    Service: VZW

When I get my PPC just the way I want it.....what happens next?
    I had the exact same thing happen.

The phone would wake me up at random times, even when I did not even have an alarm set. It almost got the phone tossed out a high-rise window.
    I did a sprite backup and then a HARD reset. Total PITA.

Then I sold the phone on Ebay and bought a Q.

Try the hard reset. Good luck.
    OMG I had my alarms going off for weeks now.. I used a daily alarm. Then it kept coming up at random times for 10 mins or so... Then I trieds to set another and cleared that.. then I had 2 alarms coming up. I used that free program above which cleared alaerm notifications from like 800 and I hope things will be OK now becuase I was the same as DiMora.... ready to go back to Palm OS.

What is with this thing.. geez
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast