1.    #1  
    Greetings Everyone!

I recently moved to WM from Palm and am looking for a "MarkNDial" equivalent app for WM.

For those of you not familiar with MarkNDial for the Palm OS, it allows you to highlight a phone number (in a task for a calendar appointment) and dial it directly.

Does anyone know of a similar app for WM? Any help would be appreciated.

I always but conference call phone numbers in my calendar appointments, etc. and am looking for an easy way to dial to numbers directly.
    I second this one...

Does anyone have advice on software to add this functionality to Windows Mobile? Please??
    I miss MarknDial also...

I'm sure you're aware though, that you *can* highlight and Copy a phone number, then Paste the phone number into the PhoneDialer app, at least on a Touch... a bit more clumsy, but it is roughly the same feature...
    Quote Originally Posted by crabkilla View Post
    Greetings Everyone!

I recently moved to WM from Palm and am looking for a "MarkNDial" equivalent app for WM.

For those of you not familiar with , it allows you to highlight a phone number (in a task for a calendar appointment) and dial it directly.

Does anyone know of a similar app for WM? Any help would be appreciated.

I always but conference call phone numbers in my calendar appointments, etc. and am looking for an easy way to dial to numbers directly.
    Has anyone discovered a solution yet for WM? Does not need to be free. It would be worth paying for an app that fixed this annoyance, especially in Notepad. The Blackberry does this out of the box. MarkNDial and TreoSelectText do it on POS, I can't find anything to do this on WM. Does it exist?
    This mortscript by hannip lets you dial numbers from calender appointments. It could easily be made to work with anything thats selected.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    This mortscript by hannip lets you dial numbers from calender appointments. It could easily be made to work with anything thats selected.

Surur
    Thanks Surur, but any kind of scripting language is way over my head unless it is cut and paste. Plus the overhead of Mortscript.

What is needed needs to be as simple as a click or 2. Selecting items is too much against Treo ease of use. On the Blackberry it auto recognizes phone numbers, email, and url's in its notepad and other apps out of the box. Scroll to an item, click it, and it asks if you want to do the selected thing. One more click executes the instruction. Beautiful it its simplicity.

I have hundreds of numbers in notes I started in my Blackberry days for contacts I use infrequently so as to not clutter up my Outlook contacts, then I carried them over to my 700wx and found out that this functionality was sorely missing (not a big surprise for WM, but where are the third parties here). I am now a WM Treo convert for life and am longing for the 800w like everyone else.

The pending arrival of the 800w has renewed my interest in perfecting my Treo device and I would love to see this super efficient function added to WM to make the 800w even more useable then it will already be.

So is there anything out there like this or anyone to write it?
    Install MortScript 4.1. It is small so best to install to device. Then go to the follwoing url, download the zip file and extract. put the file someplace under \Windows\Start Menu\Programs. I put all my singleton scripts under \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript. Then go to your Buttons setting and assign the Multiswitch3 script to your side button or any other assignable button. Then when you are in a calender entry or have an entry selected in the Agenda view you press and hold the button to activate the script and it will find each phone number and prompt you to dial.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&postcount=16
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Install MortScript 4.1. It is small so best to install to device. Then go to the follwoing url, download the zip file and extract. put the file someplace under \Windows\Start Menu\Programs. I put all my singleton scripts under \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript. Then go to your Buttons setting and assign the Multiswitch3 script to your side button or any other assignable button. Then when you are in a calender entry or have an entry selected in the Agenda view you press and hold the button to activate the script and it will find each phone number and prompt you to dial.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&postcount=16
    Thanks hannip,

This solution sounds like it will work for the original poster crabkilla, but...

Question: does this work in Notes?

Even if it does work in Notes, the Treo's really don't have enough assignable buttons to give one up for this purpose.

What I really am seeking is described in post six, do you think something that just does it automatically exists or perhaps your scripting language can be used to make a script that runs automatically and does this when Notes opens.
    I modified the script to prompt to call the phone number where the cursor is in a note.

Same instructions as above except assign MultiSwitch5 to the side button or any other assignable button. Note that there are utilities such as AE Button Plus or PQzII that allow you to use the full keyboard to assign functions to. I can also add anything you have assigned to the side button currently to the default action for the MultiSwitch5 script.

MultiSwitch5 checks what app is running in the foreground and does the following.
    1) If mail app - open the folders
    2) If calendar - find phone numbers and prompt to call
    3) If notes - prompt to call the phone number where the cursor is
    4) else activate voice command.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hannip; 07/02/2008 at 01:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I can also add anything you have assigned to the side button currently to the default action for the MultiSwitch5 script.
    First of all Thanks Hannip! This is (almost) great.

I assume by "default action" you mean that if you are not in one of the applications the script processes that you get what you originally had the button assigned to. Ok I had the button assigned to Pocket Internet Explorer (I know I should be embarrassed, but I don't mind digging into the Start menu for Opera and Skyfire).

So if you added what you said, it would run PIE except in mail app, calendar, and notes. If that is correct, that will be probally enough to get me totally excited about using a script to do what I wanted a program mod patch to do.

I really wanted Notes to do the blackberry thing and just hotlink every number without user action and call when the center button is clicked. However, if this script can run PIE by default, call a number in notes or calendar, and open the folders in mail (another huge annoyance fixed) then that will pack awsome power into the 1 true button that can be assigned on the 700wx.

BTW, my initial test of what you did so far works excellently. Thanks
    "While it is true that technology waits for no man; stupidity will always stop to take on new passengers." -- Anonymous
    Here is a custom version for you.

I've made the default app PIE. This is defined in a variable at the top of the script in case you want to change it later to some other app.

I might work on this a bit over the weekend. I'm not happy with how long it takes to find phone numbers in the calendar entries and sometimes it has false matches. I'll port it to c++ to make it faster.

Download this file and install like the others then assign MultiSwitch6 to the side button.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hannip,

You have won me over to using MortScripts. Works perfectly! I will await your rewrite for it to work even better. This is a huge help to the WM Smartphone community and fixes several WM annoyances. PM me your paypal address and I will thank you one more time in a green sort of way.
    "While it is true that technology waits for no man; stupidity will always stop to take on new passengers." -- Anonymous
    Glad to be of service. Check the MortScript dev forum for more goodies. Expand the date range to the beginning to view all of the threads. It goes back a few years.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91