Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I know this probably belongs in the Bluetooth forum but my last post didn't get any play over there. Are any of you guys using the Jabra BT8010 with your 700w or 700wx? I'm having major problems with mine and Jabra tech support has been utterly pathetic (big surprise, right? ).
    I have the BT8010... and I hate it. What problem are you having?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I think the better question would be "what problem are you not having"? It disconnects from my Treo all the time and sometimes has trouble connecting to my Treo. It goes into Music Mode (Wireless Stereo mode) all the time even though I don't even have that profile enabled on my Treo - that causes my ringtones to be passed to the headset and I miss calls because I don't walk around with my headset on all the time. Jabra tech support has not been helpful at all either. They actually told me that if your phone and headset are more than 30ft. or so apart for more than a minute, you have to re-pair the devices in order for them to work properly. That has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. I understand that you need to re-establish contact between the two devices but there's no way in h*ll you should have to re-pair them every time they are more than 30ft. away from each other for any period of time.

The crazy thing is that I actually like the headset itself - sound quality is great, love the caller id and phone book features, etc. but it just doesn't work right with my phone. If Jabra can address this via a new firmware release I'll be very happy, but I don't know how responsive they'll be.

Also, the ear hook sucks but I have some ear gels on the way that are supposed to fit perfectly and stay on, so that will hopefully take care of the issue I have with the fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    I think the better question would be "what problem are you not having"? It disconnects from my Treo all the time and sometimes has trouble connecting to my Treo. It goes into Music Mode (Wireless Stereo mode) all the time even though I don't even have that profile enabled on my Treo - that causes my ringtones to be passed to the headset and I miss calls because I don't walk around with my headset on all the time. Jabra tech support has not been helpful at all either. They actually told me that if your phone and headset are more than 30ft. or so apart for more than a minute, you have to re-pair the devices in order for them to work properly. That has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. I understand that you need to re-establish contact between the two devices but there's no way in h*ll you should have to re-pair them every time they are more than 30ft. away from each other for any period of time.

The crazy thing is that I actually like the headset itself - sound quality is great, love the caller id and phone book features, etc. but it just doesn't work right with my phone. If Jabra can address this via a new firmware release I'll be very happy, but I don't know how responsive they'll be.

Also, the ear hook sucks but I have some ear gels on the way that are supposed to fit perfectly and stay on, so that will hopefully take care of the issue I have with the fit.
    A friend of mine has one and uses it with his blackberry. He loves it. There is already a newer firmware out there that might address you problems. Also, I wonder if its a more of a treo problem than the headset.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I think it is more of a Treo problem but my understanding is that with Jabra's last BT headset w/caller id (BT800 I think), it took them a couple firmware updates before it worked properly with the Treo. I'm hoping these issues can be resolved with a firmware update in the near future. The most updated version is 1.33 and that's what I'm running right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    I think it is more of a Treo problem but my understanding is that with Jabra's last BT headset w/caller id (BT800 I think), it took them a couple firmware updates before it worked properly with the Treo. I'm hoping these issues can be resolved with a firmware update in the near future. The most updated version is 1.33 and that's what I'm running right now.

Did you export you phone book to the headset? There is a utility to do that so names come up on the caller id instead of number. As I said, my friend has no problem with the headset at all. It is a little big though, but for those features, its probably worth it.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Did you export you phone book to the headset? There is a utility to do that so names come up on the caller id instead of number. As I said, my friend has no problem with the headset at all. It is a little big though, but for those features, its probably worth it.

Yup - my phone book is on there. It's great being able to make calls without having to take the phone out of my pocket - that's a luxury us poor Treo users haven't had until now. Plus it's great that I can see the name of who is calling rather than just a number. If they can get this thing to play nice with the Treo, it'll be damn-near perfect.
    how did you get the caller id to show the name i can only get the number, even of contacts stored in the headset????
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Make sure you entered the numbers exactly how they would show up on your caller id. In my case, I just enter the 10 digit # (no 1 before it) and the name shows up as long as that person is in my phone's contact list.
    yeah i have them like that i think

i just checked and they are entered exactly as they show on caller id
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Hmmm. I don't know what the problem could be then. What firmware version are you running?
    the control center says 1.33
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I'm kind of at a loss then. I'm running 1.33 as well and the name definitely shows up for me. Try experimenting with different ways of entering the contact phone numbers on your headset's phone book and try calling yourself from a landline until the name shows up. It works great for me and I love having that feature.
    i did a factory reset and repaired and now it works as advertised thanks for the help psywzrd
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Glad you got it figured out. Now if Jabra could just figure out how to get this thing to work with the Treo, we'll be in business.
    yeah no kidding...since i did all that it wont stay paired for very long and if it does i can only get 2 calls before the headset icon stays on...then i have to power cycle
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    This thing is basically a disaster with the Treo. I sent a whole list of complaints to Jabra and they're supposed to have an engineer get back to me to discuss the issues I'm having. They apparently needed a couple firmware releases to get their last bluetooth headset with caller id (BT800 I believe) to work properly with the Treo so I'm sure this is no different.
    keep us all posted on the happenings...I hate thinking about how much money these things cost and all the issues there are.....btw does anyone know for sure a set of eargels that fit these, I've heard of some people ordering them, but noone has said if they worked or not
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I'm experimenting with the eargels that come with the Jabra Earset Windup wired headset. A user on another forum says they work with the BT8010 but I'm witholding judgment until I can confirm that they stay on the speaker without falling off.
    can you buy just the gels or you have to buy the headset
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast