Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I am so glad I didn't go with this headset.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewdoc21 View Post
    yeah no kidding...since i did all that it wont stay paired for very long and if it does i can only get 2 calls before the headset icon stays on...then i have to power cycle
    This issue is resolved by turning off the "dialing bell" sound. Try the attached mortscript and see if it helps. It fixed the lingering headset icon issue for me!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davinwv View Post
    This issue is resolved by turning off the "dialing bell" sound. Try the attached mortscript and see if it helps. It fixed the lingering headset icon issue for me!

What do you do with the mscr file? I already have mortscript installed but I forget what I need to do with this file now.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewdoc21 View Post
    can you buy just the gels or you have to buy the headset
    You may be able to buy the ear gels separately but I'm not sure. I paid about $12 including shipping for the headset itself and it shipped with 6 eargels (3 sizes for each ear).
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    What do you do with the mscr file? I already have mortscript installed but I forget what I need to do with this file now.
    Place it on the treo and click on it.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Place it on the treo and click on it.
    Got it. And how do I remove it or undo the changes it makes if I want to restore the dial and dial end sounds?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Got it. And how do I remove it or undo the changes it makes if I want to restore the dial and dial end sounds?
    I'm sure hannip (the creator of this mortscript) could help you there. IMO, no reason to restore the sounds. Bluetooth issues aside, they were quite annoying anyway!
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I guess I agree. What exactly does this do as far as allowing the BT8010 to work better with the Treo? What did those sounds do that was screwing things up?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I guess I agree. What exactly does this do as far as allowing the BT8010 to work better with the Treo? What did those sounds do that was screwing things up?
    I believe that the Treo/BT8010 combo has a difficult time transitioning quickly between the Headset and A2DP Bluetooth profiles. The sounds are transmitted to the BT8010 via the A2DP profile just seconds before the BT8010 needs to be in Headset mode for the call (or needs to exit this mode). This just makes things a lot easier to handle for the BT8010.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I believe that the Treo/BT8010 combo has a difficult time transitioning quickly between the Headset and A2DP Bluetooth profiles. The sounds are transmitted to the BT8010 via the A2DP profile just seconds before the BT8010 needs to be in Headset mode for the call (or needs to exit this mode). This just makes things a lot easier to handle for the BT8010.

I kind of understand what you're saying. Even with this "fix" installed, the headset definitely still has some issues with the Treo though. Jabra's tech support has been pretty poor thus far but I'm hoping they'll address these issues in a new firmware release soon.
    does anyone know when new firmware will be released?? also does anyone know roughly how often they are released?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Not sure about the firmware but I can tell you that the Jabra ear gels seem to be working out pretty well. When I first tried them they would fall off the speaker after an hour or so but they seem to be staying on better now. I think you just have to be patient and wait for them to stretch out a bit. It's a tight fit getting them so I think that's why they were popping off but my ear gel stayed on overnight so it's definitely stretching out.
    sweet i might have to get some thanx for the info
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    No word from Jabra yet on when they might release a firmware upgrade to make this thing Treo-friendly. I kind of feel like I'm getting the runaround but tech support told me that the engineers are very interested in the problems that I reported and that they're discussing how to fix them. The only way to fix the problems is with a new firmware version though, and I can't imagine they're just going to roll out a new one without thorough testing, etc. My hunch is that it's going to be a while but they said they would get back to me next week. I'm not holding my breath.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Too bad they can't do anything about the audio skipping! I think that is a Bluetooth 1.2 vs. 2.0 issue, so it's the Treo's fault!
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    In typical Verizon and Palm fashion, they refuse to acknowledge the Bluetooth issues on the 700wx. This is 100% a Palm issue and the fact that they won't accept that is absolutely maddening. Even with the Wireless Stereo profile disabled on my Treo, the Treo still sends A2DP signals to the headset and causes the headset to go into music mode. I can't believe how poor the bluetooth implementation is on this phone.

Palm simply says that the BT8010 is not compatible with the 700wx and they will not tell Verizon or consumers if they are planning on releasing a patch to fix it. It's frustrating because the headset seems to work great with other phones but barely works at all with the 700wx.
    So if the Jabra 8010 isn't really a good option for 700wx users what is?

I want to try the Hannip A2DP fix but I don't see the point if there aren't any headsets out there that I want to buy.

I do want to be able to listen to Windows media on through a bluetooth headset but I don't want a headset that covers both ears. I don't mind listening to mono for the sports talk radio that I typically listen to.

Any suggestions as this is probably the #1 gripe I have after being spoiled with this feature on my old 6700 and it didn't have A2DP.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    It actualy works better as wireless headphones than it does as a bluetooth headset on the 700wx. My issue is that I only want to use it as a headset and the Treo doesn't seem to be able to handle that correctly.
    hey psywzrd did you try the repair connection mode on the 8010? cuz i now have the problem where i have to go select the wireless stereo option everytime i want to use them for music or it all comes out the treo speaker
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I have the opposite problem - I have the Wireless Stereo option disabled altogether and all of my music gets sent to the headset. The Treo's bluetooth is just awful - there's no way to deny it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast