Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I unplugged my cheap headset from the phone, now I cannot hear any sound, or when someone calls, they can hear me, but I cannot hear them. Any help? I appreciate it!
    The Treo's have had a history of bad headset jacks. Try fiddling with it and if that doesnt fix things bring it in, it's defective!
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Just had this happen with mine last night. After spending about an hour on the phone with "tech support" I'm getting a refurb. Apparently the phone is stuck in hands free mode but because it was a wired headset, there's no way to turn it off. (At least that's what they think is wrong...)
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Plug the headset back in and pull it out. If that doesn't work try plugging it back in and wiggle it around a little and pull it out.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    It does happen a lot, If you get a refurb, or just go with the one you have, I have one word for you: Bluetooth. I know they aren't cheap, but it is the only way to go unless you want to keep a spare headset plug in your pocket to fiddle with everytime your sound cuts out. If you can, I would go the refurb route, and get a BT at the same time. As far as the current issue, there are two meathods I read about and seem to work. Take the headset jack, and insert it in your Treo. The next step is to either yank it out quickly, or to wiggle it as you slowly take it back out. Good luck, I hope my rambling helps!!
  6. 2sa
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Plug the headset back in and pull it out. If that doesn't work try plugging it back in and wiggle it around a little and pull it out.

My phone is brand new and this happened to me. I recieved a call while my headphones were plugged in...I followed this advice and it fixed my problem.
    Device: 700wx,4G SD Card
    Service: VZW

When I get my PPC just the way I want it.....what happens next?
    I had this happen. Much to my chagrin, it turned out I accidently turned the phone volume all the way down - the speakerphone worked, but not the regular phone speaker.

Once I turned the volume back up, bingo! I thought I needed a new phone, but no.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    It does happen a lot, If you get a refurb, or just go with the one you have, I have one word for you: Bluetooth. I know they aren't cheap, but it is the only way to go unless you want to keep a spare headset plug in your pocket to fiddle with everytime your sound cuts out. If you can, I would go the refurb route, and get a BT at the same time. As far as the current issue, there are two meathods I read about and seem to work. Take the headset jack, and insert it in your Treo. The next step is to either yank it out quickly, or to wiggle it as you slowly take it back out. Good luck, I hope my rambling helps!!
    I had a bluetooth headset but the pairing was a pain; that's why I went the wired route. The pulling it out of the headset jack works for a call or two and then no sound again. I guess I'll just go with the refurb and won't use a headset.
    That is exactly what I did, my old one kept cutting out on me even without using a wired headset again, so I exchanged it. I know BT is another issue on the wx, but for what it is worth, I have had VERY good luck with the Plantronics 510.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Sryguy --

You are using the 700w? Do you lose the pairing? I just reinstalled everything back to my device and so far so good. I plan on taking back the wired headset tomorrow. I'm considering a bluetooth one but I'm still on the fence.
    Actually I have stepped up to a wx, but I was using a BT on the w with very good results, I wouldn't go back to a wired headset if I were you. BT is getting cheaper, and you don't have the sound issue that started this thread.

P.S. on the w I used a Motorola H700, it is quite cheap on ebay, and was quite reliable on mine!!