1.    #1  
    Ok, help me out or tell me. Maybe this is the way it is. I have my 700w configured to sync with my work's exchange owa servers. They say it's a real push client but sometimes it will take up to 15 minutes for mail to arive, sometimes its instant. I don't understand. I can often go and hit send / recieve and it will pull down my mail. It should always be instant right? or no?

I got to test this thing out and hold onto my blackberry. My blackberry would get mail instantly while this was lagged behind. I obviously tossed the crapberry back and said i want this thing... But this push thing is confusing me.
    Good luck, our IT department and I have been working on the lag issue for weeks now. I understand they are scheduled to work with a top level MS tech. person on Tuesday - I will let you know if it actually gets resolved or not.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
  3.    #3  
    Thank you, please keep me updated. Im using our for first wm5 phone as a test. Im our IT deparment so I'd be making any changes. Would be very interested to know what ms says. Feel free to email me any findings bgovoniATpgcps.org
    Without knowing your server config, there are a couple things that it can be. One is that the keep alive time for your company's firewall, and for the OMA could be set too low. I had this issue with our phones at first as well. I changed the keep alive times and it was fixed. The other thing it could be is if you are useing SSL and cert's your phone or server could be having issue validating. I know all these are issues for your IT dept. Sorry couldn't help more.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the info senator. Our certs look good, however tracing the path of mail to our owa. I checked our firewalls time-out option and appearently we don't have one. So following the path, owa comes into our firewall and through a foundry load balancer. there i have the option to keep-alive and it's unchecked. Rather that mess with the setting of wondering what effect keep-alive with have with foundry and production. Im going to make a new rule that will bypass the foundry sync with just one owa server. I'll keep this thread updated
    The timeout value on the firewall would be my guess too. If its too low, it will kill the open connection and wait until your Treo manually initiates a connection which can be 10-15 minutes.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Well, from 6 hours on the phone with MS I don't have much to report from our IT department. MS was able to duplicate the problem on their phone, but had no suggestions what was causing it, other then a corrupt certificate. So even though we created a new cert about 4 weeks ago, we created another one today and since then it has been working correctly. But I am not sure we have fixed the problem, only masked it for a few more days. I will check back in within 2 weeks to let you know if it remains working correctly, or will let you know if it fails again.
    Jeff
    Well, I am late on my 2 week report. I am glad to report that we are no longer getting an error message with AS, but i also can't say we have fixed the lag issue. It seems to have gotten better with the manual setting they put in the server, but i can't tell you what they did exactly. Sorry i can't be much help everyone.
    Jeff
    Well, I might have discussed at least my lag issue with AUTD and EAS. I found an old post over at PDAPhoneHome where an individual noticed that if they stopped syncing the subfolders with their email box and only synced the four main folders: calendar, contacts, inbox and tasks - that AUTD with EAS worked flawlessly. I can report that I have found the same results. All afternoon, without expection, emails have arrived on my Treo before my Outlook inbox. I don't know why, but it has worked without expection for hours now. Hope this is helpful.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...increment.html
    Jeff