1.    #1  
    I have been frustrated by some of the issues I have had lately with the Treo750 (call quality) and no ROM update around, so I have been thinking of switching to a simpler device. HTC just recently released the S621 (similar to the Dash) here in Canada. I am trying it now. I did very much like the look and feel of it when I first got it. Its nice to have something this slim, the 750 seems hefty compared to it.

Got everything set up, synced easy, tried the WiFi (cool, how is it that a Smartphone has WiFi and the top-of-the-line Treo does not?)

Then the problems started. I might have a bad device. On screens other than the HomeScreen there is a color bleed over half the screen vertically. I thought it might be a bad Rogers theme (it does look very amatuerish) so I downloaded another one and have the same problem. I went back to the store and all the other units they had there had the same problem.

E-mail. You cannot delete several emails at a time as you can do on the Treo, you have to delete them one-by-one? If I get 100 emails, this is crazy.

After a day or two, my Gmail stopped working properly. I use Forwarded POP Gmail, not the Mobile APP. It will connect, Log-on and supposedly retrieve the email, but none of it shows up on the screen. I reset my phone yesterday and it worked for a bit then stopped displaying the email.

So, barring any changes in the next few days I will return it and stick with the 750v and hope that there will a ROM update sometime soon.
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    I hated my 750 for a long time, never used it. Then I decided to Put the 1.16 updater on the device, and AKU 2.6. It was a bit of a process, but now its stable as a rock. I switched the phone's band selection to "GSM" and my battery life is great. I disabled error reporting so I don't get the stupid error messages. I'm using exchange push, flexmail for my AOL imap-idle push, and have no issues anymore. I would attempt this first before totally giving up on the phone.
  3.    #3  
    I'm assumimg the 1.16 updater is from Cingular? Mine is a 750v unlocked on Rogers who does not offer the 750

I have decided to stay with the 750v, just grit my teeth and wait for the ROM update and WM6

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Certs View Post
    I hated my 750 for a long time, never used it. Then I decided to Put the 1.16 updater on the device, and AKU 2.6. It was a bit of a process, but now its stable as a rock. I switched the phone's band selection to "GSM" and my battery life is great. I disabled error reporting so I don't get the stupid error messages. I'm using exchange push, flexmail for my AOL imap-idle push, and have no issues anymore. I would attempt this first before totally giving up on the phone.
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Quote Originally Posted by naftalim View Post
    I'm assumimg the 1.16 updater is from Cingular? Mine is a 750v unlocked on Rogers who does not offer the 750

I have decided to stay with the 750v, just grit my teeth and wait for the ROM update and WM6
    Negative, its a vodafone update that I highly recommend. It will not lock your phone, etc. Just a software update, it doesn't even erase your data

BUT, the process to update will probably require a hard reset anyway...