Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    oldmike: how long do you wait before you unplug your treo and try again. sometimes it takes really long before sync to start [it just says connecting for about 2 to 5 minutes].
    --
    --
    I'm trying to sync to 2 machines an XP box I just finished rebuilding and my Vista UMPC. The sync with XP is still easier than in Vista. I might delete the partnership with Vista and stick to syncing with my XP box for now until MS sorts out WMDC. My dream is to get the same PIM data on both my XP box and Vista UMPC but as of now I am getting 100's of duplicate items ranging from contacts to notes.
    --
    --
    anyone syncing to multiple machines have any good suggestions? tia. and goodluck oldmike
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    I had a similar problem, I found a page that talked about firewall problems, I'll try to find the URL. I had Windows Live One Care installed and had to follow the steps to set the firewall to be able to see the treo.

Ok, here ya go....

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...r/onecare.mspx

Maybe this is an issue with other firewalls as well?

Good luck! I just got my 750 today and now its working great!
    Windows Mobile Device Center has been updated to 6.1
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...icecenter.mspx
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
  4.    #24  
    Finally decided the issie is within the Treo not Vista. Got WMDC 6.1 and installed. Then did a hard reset on the Treo; don't have that much installed anyway. Finally got a connect with Active Sync one time. Clicked a few preferences, seemed to do a sync (I have contact info in the Treo).

But now it's weird. On USB (can't get BT hooked up) the Treo says I am connected, but WMDC says not connected. Tried resetting everything. If I plug in the USB, nothing happens, but if I push the USB button I get the "birdie chirp", but nothng else. So, Treo says connected, PC says not connected. Now what?????
    Mike Caldwell
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12