1.    #1  
    Hi. I recently lost my Treo and purchased a used Treo 700w through Ebay. Everything is working fine and dandy except I can't access Voicemail through the phone. It keeps calling the old number (i'm assuming) that was using this phone.

I did reprogram my phone with Verizon Tech Support (they had me dial #*#000000) and then reprogram the phone with my cell phone number.

BUT...my problem is calling voicemail. I've reset the speed-dial so when I hold down the 1 button, it'll dail *86 and call my voicemail. But when i miss a call and have a voicemail, and follow the phone promt to call voicemail, it'll automaticly dial the # for the previous owner.

In addition...when i go to Menu --> Preferences --> Phone Settings....the phone number listed at the top is the old # and not my current phone number.

Is there any way to change this? The Tech Support rep at Verizon said there was not. Does anyone here know of a fix?

Thanks in Advance!!

-CMS

PS - I tried searching for someone else who had this problem and couldn't find any posts on it. If this is a repeat post, please point me in the right direction.
    i've had that problem before. I can't remember exactly what I did to fix it, but I think I did a *22899 and waited a day or so. If not you may need to do a hard reset. (again)
    if you dial you number it will take you to your voice mail. i had that same problem until i got my phone swaped at sprint.
    Search for a "zero out reset" and that should work. Even a hard reset keeps your radio information, this method should erase that also.
  5.    #5  
    i tried the hard reset with no luck. Thanks for the response though, Live.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Search for a "zero out reset" and that should work. Even a hard reset keeps your radio information, this method should erase that also.
    any idea where to search? i tried on these forums and google and couldn't find directions for a zero out reset for the 700w.
    The reset method and another possible fix are in this thread

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=factory+reset
  8.    #8  
    Thanks Littlepat!! I got it fixed! I appreciate your help, as well as the feedback and replies from everyone else in the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty Certs View Post
    The reset method and another possible fix are in this thread

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=factory+reset
    A factory reset? WOW! That is way too drastic when this is a simple registry edit.

All that is needed is to install a registry editor on your Treo (Total Commander, PHM Regedit, etc.) and do a search for VMailNumber.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State\Messages\vmail]
    "VMailNumber"="5555555555"

Replace the 5s with your Treo number. This will make the "Voicemail" soft button dial the correct number to check your voicemail.
    Quote Originally Posted by moon1234 View Post
    A factory reset? WOW! That is way too drastic when this is a simple registry edit.

All that is needed is to install a registry editor on your Treo (Total Commander, PHM Regedit, etc.) and do a search for VMailNumber.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State\Messages\vmail]
    "VMailNumber"="5555555555"

Replace the 5s with your Treo number. This will make the "Voicemail" soft button dial the correct number to check your voicemail.
    I linked hoim to a thread with both options. And considering the phone was bought used, I think the factory reset isn't such a bad idea...
    I'm having the same problem with my wife's Treo, (my old one). Changing the registry values will dial vm, but it doesn't come up with the voicemail menu on the screen. When it was mine, and on my 700wx when I hit "listen" to new vm, it dials my speed dial entry, with my password, and displays the onscreen vm buttons. How do I fix that?