1.    #1  
    Curious if anyone knows why when I connect to the internet using modem link my computer shows a speed of 234k or thereabout, however when I run speed tests on DSL reports I am usually around 500-600k and often faster. Does the HSDPA hack work when tethered using modem link?
    Last edited by Dsol; 05/16/2007 at 02:14 PM. Reason: typo
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Did you disable the Cingular proxy before running the test?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    Did you disable the Cingular proxy before running the test?
    Yes I did. I am running the HSDPA hack and the open dns, as well as another hack that runs more connections I found on PPC geeks that I think was mentioned here.

I assume I should be able to connect faster right?
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    How does one disable the proxy?
    I am pretty sure that HSDPA doesn't work when tethering. So those numbers would be normal if that were the case. Try pdanet and see if it is the same
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I am pretty sure that HSDPA doesn't work when tethering. So those numbers would be normal if that were the case. Try pdanet and see if it is the same
    Thanks--I thought that was probably the case.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
    How does one disable the proxy?
    This is the link from another thread:

http://www.gadgetech.info/treo/hacks/disableproxy/