Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    Is there a registry hack to adjust the backlight timing settings? I looked thru the wiki and all of Hobbes excellent tips. I cannot tell which app is killing it - but after 10 seconds it turns off (no I don't and never had Goodlink). I thought maybe I could override it in the registry to stay on for 30 seconds...

    Many thanks,

    cmajewsk
    Treo 700w
  2. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #2  
    What is your backlight set to? You can change your settings for the backlight.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
    Is there a registry hack to adjust the backlight timing settings? I looked thru the wiki and all of Hobbes excellent tips. I cannot tell which app is killing it - but after 10 seconds it turns off (no I don't and never had Goodlink). I thought maybe I could override it in the registry to stay on for 30 seconds...

    Many thanks,

    cmajewsk
    Treo 700w
    That's a common glitch that's usually fixed by resetting the backlight timer and doing a soft reset.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    That's a common glitch that's usually fixed by resetting the backlight timer and doing a soft reset.
    That's the funny thing. It is set for 1 Minute (external and battery power) - but the setting doesn't seem to apply. When I go in and check the setting is correct (1 Minute) but it only lasts for 10 or so seconds...

    I have now tried changing the setting and waiting for a few minutes, and soft resetting but still the same issue. I also changed the setting and did a soft reset but to no avail...so a registry tweak in this case does not exist?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
    That's the funny thing. It is set for 1 Minute (external and battery power) - but the setting doesn't seem to apply. When I go in and check the setting is correct (1 Minute) but it only lasts for 10 or so seconds...

    I have now tried changing the setting and waiting for a few minutes, and soft resetting but still the same issue. I also changed the setting and did a soft reset but to no avail...so a registry tweak in this case does not exist?
    Do you have phonealarm or another utility that is overriding the Windows settings? The last person that had this problem did....
  6. #6  
    I had this problem before and I can't recall which application caused it. Can you list all installed program in your treo?
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

    Treo 750 hacks thread.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
    That's the funny thing. It is set for 1 Minute (external and battery power) - but the setting doesn't seem to apply. When I go in and check the setting is correct (1 Minute) but it only lasts for 10 or so seconds...

    I have now tried changing the setting and waiting for a few minutes, and soft resetting but still the same issue. I also changed the setting and did a soft reset but to no avail...so a registry tweak in this case does not exist?
    I had to hard reset on one occasion to get rid of the problem. Soft reset usually fixes it, though.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.

Posting Permissions