1.    #1  
    Is there a registry hack to adjust the backlight timing settings? I looked thru the wiki and all of Hobbes excellent tips. I cannot tell which app is killing it - but after 10 seconds it turns off (no I don't and never had Goodlink). I thought maybe I could override it in the registry to stay on for 30 seconds...

Many thanks,

cmajewsk
    Treo 700w
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    What is your backlight set to? You can change your settings for the backlight.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
    Is there a registry hack to adjust the backlight timing settings? I looked thru the wiki and all of Hobbes excellent tips. I cannot tell which app is killing it - but after 10 seconds it turns off (no I don't and never had Goodlink). I thought maybe I could override it in the registry to stay on for 30 seconds...

Many thanks,

cmajewsk
    Treo 700w
    That's a common glitch that's usually fixed by resetting the backlight timer and doing a soft reset.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    That's a common glitch that's usually fixed by resetting the backlight timer and doing a soft reset.
    That's the funny thing. It is set for 1 Minute (external and battery power) - but the setting doesn't seem to apply. When I go in and check the setting is correct (1 Minute) but it only lasts for 10 or so seconds...

I have now tried changing the setting and waiting for a few minutes, and soft resetting but still the same issue. I also changed the setting and did a soft reset but to no avail...so a registry tweak in this case does not exist?
    That's the funny thing. It is set for 1 Minute (external and battery power) - but the setting doesn't seem to apply. When I go in and check the setting is correct (1 Minute) but it only lasts for 10 or so seconds...

I have now tried changing the setting and waiting for a few minutes, and soft resetting but still the same issue. I also changed the setting and did a soft reset but to no avail...so a registry tweak in this case does not exist?
    Do you have phonealarm or another utility that is overriding the Windows settings? The last person that had this problem did....
    I had this problem before and I can't recall which application caused it. Can you list all installed program in your treo?
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.

I had to hard reset on one occasion to get rid of the problem. Soft reset usually fixes it, though.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.