Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hi there.

I have the S9 headphones and am using the bluetooth stereo hack and am having issues with it dropping out using Core Music Player. When I go walking I put the treo in my front pocket and it seems if I turn my head or randomly it skips out on me. Correct me if I am wrong but the range should not be an issue? Correct?

Anyone experience similiar issues?
    I have these headphones too.

they are sweet!!

mine don't skip, and I keep my treo on my belt. (once in a good while they'll do it, but hardly ever)

WHen I leave my treo charging on my desk, I walk too the kitchen, and I can still hear the music with out problems.

I use Resco Radio. no gaps. and when I hear them, is the stream buffering.

I also use them with TCPMP. but I couldn't get the track buttons to work.. did you have any luck with yours??

I recommen these to any one that loves music.
    I thought I remembered reading something similar. The problem was the bitrate setting.
    I have the same problem with the S9 on xv6700 it cuts out continueously when I'm outdoor but works fine indoor. I replaced it 3 times to no avail. I have a Blueant X5 headphone with no problems. I tried the S9 on a Chocolate phone and it still cuts, skip, stutter etc... outdoor (wallking, jogging).
    Quote Originally Posted by adeon View Post
    I have these headphones too.

they are sweet!!

mine don't skip, and I keep my treo on my belt. (once in a good while they'll do it, but hardly ever)
    I just got mine to use with my 750 and they work pretty well. However, my main complain is they cause discomfort pretty quickly due to pinching.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    try the large ear buds that they come with....
    I know it seems weird to go bigger if you already have pain but the large buds are designed differently and they actually feel fine to me versus the small and medium.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I havent checked to see if being outside makes it worse or not. I do know they are almost not even usable for even walking. I can't put the treo in my front pocket or even in my pocket of a sweatshirt. It will skip audio. It seems find if I hold it up next to my headphones.

I have done a hard reset on treo with no luck fixing it.
    works well with my 750..very limited skipping when running/biking
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    works well with my 750..very limited skipping when running/biking
    Where do you have the treo when you run/bike? What are you listening to(type of file..ie, 256k mp3?) and with what program?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    So I have noticed if I cover the headphones up with my hand it skips. Anyone else notice any skipping when covering up the part where the light blinks on the headphones? If I dont hold the treo 3 inches or closer in line of sight the bluetooth skips..
    Quote Originally Posted by relux View Post
    Where do you have the treo when you run/bike? What are you listening to(type of file..ie, 256k mp3?) and with what program?
    Running - treo in hand
    Biking -- pouch under the seat

mp3s are128k mainly I think..I also typically am listening to a streaming podcast or radio rather than music, just depends...

Pocket Player mainly for music and wma streaming but TCPMP for podcast streaming
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I am having the same problem, constant skipping with 128kbps WMA files. Motorola S9s, Verizon Treo 700wx. Help!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jferrel4 View Post
    I am having the same problem, constant skipping with 128kbps WMA files. Motorola S9s, Verizon Treo 700wx. Help!!
    If the treo both moves too much AND is too far away from the headphones, the s9 skips.

Try this: sync the headphones, start the music up, then put the treo in one of your old (hopefully clean) longer style athletic socks, tie the sock with a double knot snugly to your upper arm. After that, it should continue to play and not skip even if you run, work out at the gym, bike etc. If this works you can consider getting an arm band for the treo. Please feel free to post your feedback on this method.
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    The BT drop out is maddening to say the least. The S9 are an nice set of headphones. Paired with my 700WX and on my belt I get a lot of skip. If I pair with my laptop I can move around my house with almost no problems.

Palms BT update help significantly but still leaves alot to be desired.
    Thank you all for saving me some money. I was going to buy a set of these but I guess I will pass on A2DP until my next device.
    maybe your phone's BT radio is weak. I sugggest you check them out. I have the S9 with my Treo 755p (which actually doesnt have native A2DP) and it works real well.
    Arrggghhhh!! Mine are every so tempermental, some days I can use them in the gym, carrying them around and placing them on the floor next to the equipment I am using with minimal cutouts, but then when I walk out and carry it in my pocket it starts cutting like crazy! Seems like it just needs a little more juice to make it perfectly usable. I really would prefer to use my Treo as the all-in-one I hoped it would be rather than buy a separate MP3 player. And I would also like to avoid the strap-it-to-my-arm solution, its just too bulky and defeats the purpose of bluetooth. Anyone have any tips for boosting the bluetooth signal just a bit? Anything?
    I have had similar problems...I actually I just sent my S9 headset back to Motorola for a replacement as it was deemed defective....anyways when running try holding your palm in either hand above your waist...at the gym place your palm within 10' and work out freely...hope this helps