1.    #1  
    Hopefully, your responses will help shed some light. I have a few days to decide between the 700wx and the new 755p. Through our company pricing, money is not issue, since they are priced the same. According to our Palm sales rep, a new device will be developed for windows to support the 320x320 screen. So I'm assuming this will be a 755w, etc. I would rather not get a 750, just to do a WM6 upgrade and still be stuck with the same 240x240 resolution. The good thing is that I can upgrade after 12 months, which may be the time frame for another windows Treo device. So I could use the 755p for now and then upgrade to a newer windows/linux version in 12 months. I do like the window mobile features, like multi-tasking, user interface, etc. But after using a Blackberry for the last couple of years, the phone and email features are the priority and perhaps web browsing. Thanks in advance.
    Search, search, search. You are not the first, nor last, to ask this question, and there are hundreds of answers. My suggestion? If you are going to get a phone now get the windows phone. You said you like it, and it will give you some "adjustment time" before the new treo comes out (which won't be for a while)
    While I haven't used it yet - I'd get the 755p - IMHO WM5 is a poor performer on the 750 - mine hangs regularly, there are poor lags for doing important tasks (phone to start ringing, outbound dialing etc) - go somewhere you can really test it out. Have someone call the phone and see how long it takes to start ringing - my phone is stock standard (no MP3 ringtones, no pics, small contact list etc) and it takes 5 rings before the phone starts to ring.

I am also suffering the digitizer issue where the screen simply freezes and won't accept any taps (the keys all work and the phone is functional). Removing the battery and letting the phone sit for 15 mins resets it, however it's becoming annoying and I see that more people are starting to suffer this issue.

I am stuck with mine (corporate direction is anything but palmos) but would switch in an instant back to a palmos based phone... the UI is simply better....
    Quote Originally Posted by gsouth View Post
    While I haven't used it yet - I'd get the 755p - IMHO WM5 is a poor performer on the 750 - mine hangs regularly, there are poor lags for doing important tasks (phone to start ringing, outbound dialing etc) - go somewhere you can really test it out. Have someone call the phone and see how long it takes to start ringing - my phone is stock standard (no MP3 ringtones, no pics, small contact list etc) and it takes 5 rings before the phone starts to ring.

I am also suffering the digitizer issue where the screen simply freezes and won't accept any taps (the keys all work and the phone is functional). Removing the battery and letting the phone sit for 15 mins resets it, however it's becoming annoying and I see that more people are starting to suffer this issue.

I am stuck with mine (corporate direction is anything but palmos) but would switch in an instant back to a palmos based phone... the UI is simply better....
    Why not just go out and drink some beer? Digitizer issue? You may get some memory confusion. I only heard of this issue in TT3 and treo 650. "Removing the battery and letting the phone sit for 15 mins "? ???? what a joke. I am really doubt you ever use a treo 750.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gsouth View Post

OMG MY TREO SUCKS SO YOURS HAS TO ALSO

A. My phone picks up between 1-2 rings.

B. Had my 750 over 2+ months and the screen hasn't froze.

C. I have no issues with calling out.

D. My 750 pisses all over my 650 and I would take WM5 over regular Palm anyday.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    Quote Originally Posted by maevro View Post
    OMG MY TREO SUCKS SO YOURS HAS TO ALSO

A. My phone picks up between 1-2 rings.

B. Had my 750 over 2+ months and the screen hasn't froze.

C. I have no issues with calling out.

D. My 750 pisses all over my 650 and I would take WM5 over regular Palm anyday.
    Yeah, mine picks up during the first ring. No real issues either. Of course coming from PalmOS WM5 seems to lag a bit, but not in a terrible way, and WM6 has promised to fix this. It's just too bad that by then I'll have my iPhone .
    LOL - I love the way everyone jumps down my throat just as soon as I possible mention there are some issues with this device....

The touch screen issue is a problem - search here, the palm forums, my treo and bringhand - there are several threads all talking about the same issue. Screen freezes.
    Palm tech support have admitted to me there have been several reported cases of this happening to date.

As to the incoming ringing - before you blast me again - do some research - there are plenty of threads all discussing this issue.... it's well known.

Just because your is perfect - or you are tolerant of crappy quality doesn't mean we all have to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    Why not just go out and drink some beer? Digitizer issue? You may get some memory confusion. I only heard of this issue in TT3 and treo 650. "Removing the battery and letting the phone sit for 15 mins "? ???? what a joke. I am really doubt you ever use a treo 750.
    Wow - you really take things personally don't you - perhaps you should do some research of your own before you make comments like this one... the problem exists... and if you think my work around is interesting - talk to the guy who leaves his in the fridge to fix it..... my only hope is that your device starts to exhibit this behaviour - then we can all have a good laugh at you too.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Let's get back to Brianss's question. First off we don't know what Service Provider you have. The 750 is a GSM phone and is only available through Cingular, or you can get an unlocked one and get it working with T-mobile or any other GSM provider. The 755p seems to only be available for Sprint right now, and is PalmOS based. Personally after having and loving PalmOS for years, even before they had Cell Phones (Palm II, III, V, etc,etc) I would never go back to PalmOS and I really am happy with Windows Mobile. It took me a little while to get used to it and I would never go back. I would also guess that you cannot be on the phone and use EVDO at the same time; which you can with the 750 (although it's 3G)
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for the responses. I currently have a Blackberry on Tmobile, but our company is switching away from the Blackberry. For us, Sprint is offering the best promotions for the 700wx and 755p. It's to bad they don't offer the 750. Cingular's promotions are okay, but not as good as Sprint, at least based on our company discount. Like I said, I would prefer WM6, but by the time it's released, I can enjoy the 755p, which is a newer device. So far, I have not been overly impressed with the Palm OS apps as compared to Windows Mobile. But then again, this isn't a laptop and my big concern is the ability to quickly make calls, get email from multiple accounts, browsing some web sites, etc.
    Brian,
    See if you can go and use the devices side by side either in a Sprint or Palm store or even with some colleagues and pick the one that works best for you, regardless of OS. Is there a Palm User Group nearby that you can see and talk to users of the devices?
    Good luck...