1.    #1  
    My Treo does not remind me of appointments. I have it set up to play a tune, vibrate, and display a message - yet none of these things happen.
    For a while it spoke to me telling me of the appointment - this too has stopped happening. Is there some extra enabling/disabling switch which I am missing?

Regards
    Jack
    You can disable voice command for spoken appointments under settings>>voice command, and de-selecting the appropriate boxes.
  3.    #3  
    Hi Trojan

The voice command managed to disable itself - it stopped working. I have now switched it off but the tune/vibrate/reminder have not come back
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    This happens to me on occasion. From what I understand, the "notification database" becomes corrupted. There's a free pmClean utility which can clean up the database - I run this about once a week and it helps.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks Holmes4. (Are you a Heinlein fan?)

When I download it, the zip file contains two files:
    PMCLEA~1.000
    0pmClean.001

Can you tell me how to get these running?

Thanks in Advance
    It's not a zip file. Look again.
    Send the CAB file to your Treo and run it from there.
    And it worked for me on similar issues too. pmClean is a must have tool for WM5
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Right - copy the .cab to your Treo, find it in File Explorer and click on it. This will install the utility which you'll then find listed under Programs. You can then delete the .cab

And yes, my username is from the Heinlein book (though I suppose in retrospect that it should be uppercase.)
  8.    #8  
    Not a zip file at all! Thanks for correcting me. I've run PM Clean - let me just put a test appointment in my calendar and see...

Hooray! It works! Thanks everyone!

Jack
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    You may have been confused because many popular unzip utilities for Windows will treat a .cab similar to a .zip.
  10.    #10  
    I use Winzip - it certainly assumed it was a zipped file, and even let me open it to see the two files inside!
    Thanks for putting me straight
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Yes, WinZip can open CAB files. CAB is a compressed folder format MS created.