1.    #1  
    I just bought a Treo 700wx the other day, it is my first phone of this type. But I am very clueless on how things work with these things. I have browsed through the forums and even the step by step guides confuse me.

I bought this phone just so I can text/surf while I am at work. But am disappointed that I can't get AIM to work.

I looked at some of the other posts and there are links to free versions of AIM but when I download them on my phone none of them run they say "Not a Valid Pocket PC program" or something to that sort. I read something about an SMS hack, but I am not too sure what "SMS" actually is or if I need to do that before I load AIM.

All I want is to load AIM and Flash player (to surf sites that aren't currently displaying) so any help would be appriciated.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by abassillo View Post
    I just bought a Treo 700wx the other day, it is my first phone of this type. But I am very clueless on how things work with these things. I have browsed through the forums and even the step by step guides confuse me.

I bought this phone just so I can text/surf while I am at work. But am disappointed that I can't get AIM to work.

I looked at some of the other posts and there are links to free versions of AIM but when I download them on my phone none of them run they say "Not a Valid Pocket PC program" or something to that sort. I read something about an SMS hack, but I am not too sure what "SMS" actually is or if I need to do that before I load AIM.

All I want is to load AIM and Flash player (to surf sites that aren't currently displaying) so any help would be appriciated.

Thanks!
    Well... The Flash Player is a little rough at the moment. I have a Flash Player installed but it doesn't integrate with the browser so it is only good for standalone apps.

As for AIM, take a look at www.octro.com for what folks seem to think is an excellent, free solution. I'm using IM+ but it isn't free.

Later,
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.