1.    #1  
    So.. I read about causerie, anyone have it? Or something like it?

I need an IM app, but don't want to pay for it :-\

Buying software is over-rated....

lol funny story, handango.com sold me MyAdminMobile- Anyone have it? Well it's a $120USD software "package," but it only coems with a few dll's for you to create your own "custom app".. I about **** my pants when I found out that I wasted that much on 3-5 <10KB dll files...

/* this is about the time I load my cyber-shotgun */
    Windows < ubuntu + beryl (UNIX/Linux)... now time to code..

yay for hackers and all the wonderful tools used by said brains.
    Anyone play counterstrike?
    Try this link for more information: http://discussion.treocentral.com/search.php

Every major IM app has been discussed ad nauseum here You can get just about any information about anything available (whether Palm or Windows based) in the IM space by using that link.

Good Luck!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    You can try the Cingular IM application(free). Ive used it for about 2 days, its pretty good, it doesnt disconnect as IM+ does(on ocassion). It has AOL, Windows Live Messenger, and Y! Messenger. The only thing is that it uses the left soft key to toggle info.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    The left soft key thing is kind of annoying, I wish instead of notification it said something like messenger or I dunno, the name of the client your logged into. I don't think it does this with the other Mobile IM apps and devices I think its just a glitch of the treo
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    If you only want AIM, there is a version that works with Windows Mobile 5. I posted it for some members on another forum, you can find it at http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/162...m-138-zip.html
    It's just their free version modified by someone to swap the menu locations so you have access to them
    Quote Originally Posted by TREO1027 View Post
    You can try the Cingular IM application(free). Ive used it for about 2 days, its pretty good, it doesnt disconnect as IM+ does(on ocassion). It has AOL, Windows Live Messenger, and Y! Messenger. The only thing is that it uses the left soft key to toggle info.
    Do you know if this will this work on the 680?
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    Do you know if this will this work on the 680?
    Don't know. However you can try d/ling it. If you use your Blazer browser and go to MediaNet Home, scroll down to "Mail and Messaging" and see if you can d/l it there.
    The cingular app uses sms though.
    Where would one go to download the Cingular app? I would love an SMS-based solution.
    Mundu I know is pretty cheap so it's not shelling out an arm and a leg. I know the version says Smartphone version for Windows Mobile, but it does work with Treos, being that the 750 is a Pocket PC Phone Edition device. You can always try it out before buying to make sure that it addresses your needs.
    http://device.home (on your browser)
    mail & messaging
    mobile IM

Quote Originally Posted by trojanvision View Post
    Where would one go to download the Cingular app? I would love an SMS-based solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    http://device.home (on your browser)
    mail & messaging
    mobile IM
    I go there and it gives me this message

"We are sorry, but item is not compatible with your device. Please visit the cingular store to find similar itemss that will work on your device."

Im using a Treo 750 on Cingular
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Have you done any browser hacks to your phone? If you have then it will not let you download the Mobile IM it has to see certain things in your browser to recognize and allow the download.
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    I've heard that from other people. I downloaded it and tried it, but the notification key is really really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by iramike View Post
    Have you done any browser hacks to your phone? If you have then it will not let you download the Mobile IM it has to see certain things in your browser to recognize and allow the download.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    That notification key thing is really annoying, I just try to think of it as a quick link to AOL or whatever app I am running. I wish Cingular would get on the ball and get this fixed, either that or give us some WM6 action and an upgrade Mobile IM app..... Which do you think is more likely?
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Yeah I uninstalled mine. That notification reminder bugged me a lot.
    Causerie Trial version can be downloaded from the below link:

http://causerie.mantragroup.com/