Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I just purchased unlocked Vodaphone branded Treo 750V from ebay and received it on Wednesday of this week. I'm using it now on T-mobile service and praying for them to drop the 3G bomb on me! So far I'm very pleased with this device. I've owned about 4 PDA style devices (this makes 5) and they've all had the Windows OS (so I'm confortable with it, and prefer it now). However, this is my first Palm device. I'm pretty impressed with Palm. There could always be a few tweaks here and there, but hey, that's with any device you own.

The main thing I'm wanting is some feedback on is some of the differences between the 750V and the 750. I'm also starting to notice that anything I do through Palm, of course, has to be done through the overseas website, which is really getting annoying too.

Which is the better device? Or, are they both running a tight race?

Also...the firmware version on my phone is 1.12.0a.00. Does anyone know if this is the most recent?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    The 750V has Vodaphone firmware, which seems fairly generic from what I've read. The 750 has firmware customized by Cingular. The hardware is, as far as I know, the same.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    With the 750V being an overseas model, will I have any issues with US networks? I haven't noticed any yet, but just curious.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    No - the phone itself is the same and operates on the same bands. You will need to set up the network "provisioning" yourself for your carrier, but information on doing that is widely available. Lots of people bought the 750V to use in the US before Cingular offered its version.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    The 750V has Vodaphone firmware, which seems fairly generic from what I've read. The 750 has firmware customized by Cingular. The hardware is, as far as I know, the same.
    Can we have a detailed list of these cutomization?, so we can decide whether we need them or not, so we can think in migrating to vodafone generic one, as it may be faster and more vanilla. I like vanilla ROMs.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjacks519 View Post
    I'm using it now on T-mobile service and praying for them to drop the 3G bomb on me!
    Here we go again

Please read up (here and on howardforums if you'd like more detail) on the differences between the various 3G implementations. Short answer: that 3G bomb you are going to get is that your Treo 750 (with or without the v) won't work on T-Mobile's 3G implementation. Sorry
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    As far as I know, the Cingular customization is mainly the addition of shortcuts to get ExpressMail and GoodMail, plus Cingular network provisioning. If there is anything else, I have not run into it.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    As far as I know, the Cingular customization is mainly the addition of shortcuts to get ExpressMail and GoodMail, plus Cingular network provisioning. If there is anything else, I have not run into it.
    Thank you for your reply, i think we need a kind contribution from one who upgraded his treo 750 with the vodafone ROM of NL or vice vrsa, who upgraded his treo750v with the 21-10-2006 leaked cingular ROM, so he must be used the two ROMs and can advise us with the difference and which one is better.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edmc View Post
    Here we go again

Please read up (here and on howardforums if you'd like more detail) on the differences between the various 3G implementations. Short answer: that 3G bomb you are going to get is that your Treo 750 (with or without the v) won't work on T-Mobile's 3G implementation. Sorry

Does anyone know why the 750's won't comply with T-Mo's 3G when it comes out? I actually thought I was getting a little ahead of the game by getting a 3G device now. But, if I can't use they're 3G network, there's no use in me keeping the phone.
    TMo's 3G uses a different frequency that the 750 doesn't support.