1.    #1  
    On my old 650 I used "lightwav" which allowed me to select individual MP3 files to play on specified contacts i..e it would say "John Smith is calling, please answer phone"...I had a lot of MP3 Files I made up with voice audio of various names I could allocate to contacts.

Can this be done on the 750, and if so how exactly is is done, and what t/p software is needed that will in fact show up all my contacts and allow a specific ringtone to a contact ?

PS, is there any way to add more sounds to the "events" sounds in the treo 750, as well as add more sounds for various programs on my 750 as those available as standard are quite limited. If I know where the sounds where located on the Treo 750 and how I would actually save them to that directory/folder..I could do it easily,,,but I do not know how to actually save to specific directories , now which is the right one for these sounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Consul View Post
    On my old 650 I used "lightwav" which allowed me to select individual MP3 files to play on specified contacts i..e it would say "John Smith is calling, please answer phone"...I had a lot of MP3 Files I made up with voice audio of various names I could allocate to contacts.

Can this be done on the 750, and if so how exactly is is done, and what t/p software is needed that will in fact show up all my contacts and allow a specific ringtone to a contact ?
    You assign the ringtone to users in the Contacts app.

Quote Originally Posted by Consul View Post
    PS, is there any way to add more sounds to the "events" sounds in the treo 750, as well as add more sounds for various programs on my 750 as those available as standard are quite limited. If I know where the sounds where located on the Treo 750 and how I would actually save them to that directory/folder..I could do it easily,,,but I do not know how to actually save to specific directories , now which is the right one for these sounds.
    Yes, place them in the \Windows directory. Note that most (if not all) of the event notifications must be .wav files otherwise they won't play. The same does not hold true for Ringtones however.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

Like he said, just go into the specific contact and under mobile tel, it says ring tone. Click on that and it will show you a drop down menu. Choose the specific ring you want.

Another way to add sounds is go into Sounds & Notifications > Manage > Menu > Add > (direct it to where you saved the sound file) > Select. Now when you go into Notifications, it wil show up in the drop down menu.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    maevro, question: what program are you using so that you get the icons at the top where the start menu is--the ones on the same line as the date and time.