1.    #1  
    I have a 750V, and use Good for email. Had it for about 3 weeks and today it has "developed" an annoying problem.

I normally use the red "End Call" key to switch off the phone screen. Now I must have done soemthing this afternoon - but I dont know what - but now when I press the red key I just get an annoying beep. The only way to switch off the screen seems to be to press the option key and the red key simultaneously.

I'm sure its a simple config issue, but I'm blowed if I can work out how to get it back.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    wow that is really weird...did you try a soft reset?? also what 3rd party apps do you have if you have installed any?? usually a soft reset is the answer to most problems...if it doesnt work than it could be an app that is messing up the 750...hope this helps
  3.    #3  
    soft reset doesnt help.

only app is goodlink - but that has been on for 3 weeks and this problem only started today :-s
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    you know the funny thing is that my friend installed goodlink and after the install she ran into problems...another thing you might wanna try is check your buttons in the setting...the only other thing i can say is try and u take the batt out for a few min and relplace it...if that doesnt work then a hard reset should most deff fix it...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    you know the funny thing is that my friend installed goodlink and after the install she ran into problems...another thing you might wanna try is check your buttons in the setting...the only other thing i can say is try and u take the batt out for a few min and relplace it...if that doesnt work then a hard reset should most deff fix it...
    Nothing on the button settigns for the Off key; battery trick didnt work ... looks like its going to have to be the hard reset

Need to wait til Monday when I am back in work & have activesync working etc.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    well good luck i would hate to hard reset....but it, if it helps i would do it...also if you install anything after that and it keeps up..then you have found what caused it...i bet its that good thinggy...
  7.    #7  
    SHouldn't bee too painful - the only app i have installed is GoodLink & I backed that up onto the memory card (before I had this problem).

The few files I have on the Treo I can restore from ActiveSync

I guess the only other things I will need to fix post reset are my phone preferences (ring tones etc)

Anything else I should worry about before a hard reset?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    wow tom you got it easy then...lol that should be it...everything should be easy as long as you synced your phone to your comp...
  9.    #9  
    Curiouser & curiouser - I was just building up the courage to do a hard reset & the problem "resolved itself"

Havent a clue what happened - only possible stimulus was that I missed a call & then picked up the voicemail, but I cant see how that impacted it.

Anyways I'll keep quiet as I'm onto a good thing