Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1.    #1  
    Windows Mobile 6 Upgrade for the Sprint Treo 700wx...

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Sprint Customer Solutions <ecare@cc.sprintpcs.com>
    Date: Friday, May 11, 2007 10:09
    Subject: Re: Subject: ID # 20070510165515 (KMM32519721I123L0KM)
    To: @us.army.mil

    > Dear Ryan,
    >
    > Thank you for your reply.
    >
    > We will launch it in the next few months.
    >
    > I appreciate you emailing us today.
    >
    > Kevin T.
    > E-Care
    > Sprint together with Nextel
    > "Where our customers come first!"
    >
    >
    > Refer someone to Sprint and get $25.
    > Visit www.sprint.com/referralprogram for details.
    >
    >
    > Original Message Follows:
    > ------------------------
    > I asked a very simple question...
    >
    > Please tell me how the response I got back is anything close to
    > anything that looks like an answer...
    > An "I Don't Know" would have been better than that crap.
    >
    > Very simple question, very simple answer...
    > Let me make it easy for you, place an [ X ] in the best response
    > below.
    > My Question:
    > "I want to know when Sprint will be releasing the Windows Mobile 6
    > upgrade for the Treo 700wx"
    >
    > Your Answer:
    > [ ] Never.
    > [ ] I Don't Know, Because I Am New Here.
    > [ ] I Don't Know, Because I Don't Care.
    > [ ] Don't Hold Your Breath...
    > [X] In The Next Few Months
    > [ ] 4-6 Months
    > [ ] The Sprint Treo 700wx Will Never See A WM6 Upgrade Because We
    > Make Far More Money By Making You Buy A Whole New Device.
    >
    > [ ] Other: __________________________________________________________
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > ----- Original Message -----
    > From: Sprint Customer Solutions
    > Date: Friday, May 11, 2007 2:35
    > Subject: Re: Subject: ID # 20070510165515 (KMM32490415I123L0KM)
    > To: @us.army.mil
    >
    > > Dear Ryan,
    > >
    > > Thank you for contacting Sprint regarding the handset services.
    > >
    > > We appreciate your feedback.
    > >
    > > We will use your suggestions to make changes that will help us
    > > better serve our customers. Let me assure you that I have
    > > forwarded this to the appropriate departments so that they may
    > > take further necessary action in this regard.
    > >
    > > When ever this service will be launched, you will be personally
    > > notified.
    > >
    > > We appreciate your relationship with us, and look forward to
    > > serving you in the future.
    > >
    > > I appreciate you emailing us today.
    > >
    > > Kevin T.
    > > E-Care
    > > Sprint together with Nextel
    > > "Where our customers come first!"
    > >
    > >
    > > Refer someone to Sprint and get $25.
    > > Visit www.sprint.com/referralprogram for details.
    > >
    > >
    > > Original Message Follows:
    > > ------------------------
    > >
    > >
    > > Body:
    > >
    > ========================================================================>
    > > Name:
    > > Form: Ask A Question Learn OR Feedback and Suggestions - Learn
    > > Topic: Feedback
    > > Contact Number:
    > >
    > ========================================================================> Question: I want to know when Sprint will be releasing the Windows
    > > Mobile 6 upgrade for the Treo 700wx.
    > >
    > ========================================================================>
    > > ****************************************************
    > > Additional Data
    > > ****************************************************
    > > SUB Topic : General
    > > Selected Device: Treo 700wx
    > > Current Customer ?: Yes
    > > Email Address: @us.army.mil
    > > Address :
    > > City:
    > > State: OK
    > > Zip:
    > >
    >
    > Isn't it strange that princes and kings,
    > And clowns that caper in sawdust rings,
    > And common people like you and me
    > Are builders for eternity?
    > Each is given a bag of tools,
    > A shapeless mass, a book of rules;
    > And each must make.. ere life is flown
    > A stumbling block, or a stepping stone.
    <img src="http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9343/scifinerd7jo.jpg" border="0">
    <img src="http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9600/pirateuserbar3mz.jpg" border="0">
  2. #2  
    Very Nice.
  3. #3  
    Well, if it's not a total load of crap, that would be great. I see them launching a new device before they get around to the upgrade for us, though. I'd love to have the WM6 upgrade though. Of course, a few months to us is the summer, to them it could be December.
    END OF LINE
  4. #4  
    I personally don't think we will see a upgrade unless you are willing to upgrade to a 750 with WM6... I'm sure that is way more likely to happen within the next few months.
  5. #5  
    I'd tend to agree with that. Sprint will release a 750 model of their own, complete with (wait for it) a WM6 upgrade. We may be able to use it... maybe.
    END OF LINE
  6. #6  
    I'm stocking up on another WX.
    By the looks of it cingular customers seem more like beta testers for the gprs version...no need for me to take part in the cdma version beta test...I call it the 700w ^&*%$$$ 700wx theory
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    I'd tend to agree with that. Sprint will release a 750 model of their own, complete with (wait for it) a WM6 upgrade. We may be able to use it... maybe.
    All we really need is the ROM cooker and we are pretty much golden for custom roms. I am hoping that the 750 upgrade will allow us to actually use it to play with our roms, there is so much CRAP in rom that I could take out and so much we could put in.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    All we really need is the ROM cooker and we are pretty much golden for custom roms. I am hoping that the 750 upgrade will allow us to actually use it to play with our roms, there is so much CRAP in rom that I could take out and so much we could put in.
    the 750 upgrade will not help at all. because the 750 is GSM 700wx is CDMA uses different drivers and all that crap.

    and yea i would rather see a 750 with wm6 on sprint to. i like the no antenna look and the housing is like a rubbery type feel which i like.
  9. Pibe38's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    #9  
    Odd because this is what I got when asked the same question...

    I would like to know if there are any plans to provide an upgrade to the Windows Media 6 Operating System for the Sprint Palm Treo 700wx, and if there will be a charge or not. Thank you.
    And the response...

    Thank you for writing into Sprint. I can certainly assist you with the Window Mobile operating system. That's no problem at all!

    ******************
    * Windows Mobile 6 *
    ******************
    I regret that at this time Palm has not released any information regarding an upgrade for the Treo 700wx to the new Windows Mobile 6. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

    ******************
    * Further Assistance *
    ******************
    If there are any kind of concerns with your service that I can help resolve for you and shine a bit of light on the situation, please don't hesitate to ask. My job is to make sure that your concerns are fully taken care of and you feel that your issues have been resolved to your satisfaction.
    Now tell me those are not copy/paste responses... :roll:
  10. #10  
    Ugh, another random canned "e-care" response

    Listen: e-care knows jack about jack and they will be the last to know about any WM6 upgrades as they are not told that information. They will tell you anything just to get you to stop complaining. Half won't even know what "dub you m six" is anyways.

    So this is just garbage rumors.

    Having said that...I have heard from one of my inside sources (within upper level Sprint) that yes, the WX will get the upgrade but not till Oct/Nov (probably when the 6800 either gets released or its own WM6 upgrade).

    Do I believe what I just wrote above is true? I have no strong reason to believe it. Until we hear something official or we see screen shots, I'm going with the assumption of no upgrade.

    If you want real information on this, find someone who works with Sprint and has access to their private tech forums...but good luck with that.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  11. #11  
    Right on, Mal... nice to hear from you
    END OF LINE
  12. #12  
    bigmatt,

    this is so far from the truth. The rom upgrade for the 750 will be able to let us gain access to cooking our roms. its just a matter of time with some xda guys... its not as different as you expect it to be. look up the ppc6700 if you're not sure what I am talking about. I am not talking about getting the 750's version of wm6 at all. that would require a lot of reverse engineering and we don't have all those tools. I am just talking about getting a tool to write new roms to our devices.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    bigmatt,

    this is so far from the truth. The rom upgrade for the 750 will be able to let us gain access to cooking our roms. its just a matter of time with some xda guys... its not as different as you expect it to be. look up the ppc6700 if you're not sure what I am talking about. I am not talking about getting the 750's version of wm6 at all. that would require a lot of reverse engineering and we don't have all those tools. I am just talking about getting a tool to write new roms to our devices.
    i know about the ppc-6700 roms thats what i used before i changed to the 700wx. but in the case of the 6700 there was a update for it which lead to the custom roms. the 750 isnt CDMA so there will be no of the CDMA stuff in it need for a rom for 700wx. and if it is easier then why isnt there WM6 for ppc-6700 the wizards have it why not 6700? it because its a different radio and drivers.
  14. #14  
    I wouldn't even hold my breath anymore. They will not release an upgrade, its only common sense.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Right on, Mal... nice to hear from you
    hehe, I still troll around here (still own my 700wx too...always tempted to start tweaking it again, that and to do a custom rom on the 6700. I need more time in my life!)

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    bigmatt,

    this is so far from the truth. The rom upgrade for the 750 will be able to let us gain access to cooking our roms. its just a matter of time with some xda guys... its not as different as you expect it to be. look up the ppc6700 if you're not sure what I am talking about. I am not talking about getting the 750's version of wm6 at all. that would require a lot of reverse engineering and we don't have all those tools. I am just talking about getting a tool to write new roms to our devices.
    Actually THAT is so far from true. The 750, among many other things, in an HTC device, which is what xda "specializes" in. Different bootloader methods, hacking methods, etc. What works for the 750 will never work for the 700's.

    The 750 Cingular ROM was leaked when it was in beta test phase. 2 months ago a "surprise" firmware update showed up on the Palm NL website. The Australian version of the 750 is said to have HSDPA enabled out-of-the-box. Thats at least 3 different versions out in the wild already, and nada. I wouldn't get my hopes up....
  17. #17  
    Sigh... the 700wx is an HTC device as well. And I am fairly certain there is NO firmware updates for the 700 or the 750 series. Therefore we have NO possible way of knowing what bootloader methods work and if they are similar for both devices. ALL speculation... like I said in my original post, I AM HOPING the 750 upgrade allows us access to our ROMS, not WM6. I understand that taking our stacks and drivers from the current WM5 and placing them into a WM6 dump is like taking a cats heart and placing it in a dog. Not happening... however, that being said, I am hoping for the slim chance of the bootloader process being the same. The again I hoped the 660x would get evdo and look where that got me.

    I could wish in one hand and crap in the other, I bet I know which ones gets filled first.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    hehe, I still troll around here (still own my 700wx too...always tempted to start tweaking it again, that and to do a custom rom on the 6700. I need more time in my life!)
    Ha - ain't it the truth? There's never enough time to do it all...


    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    I could wish in one hand and crap in the other, I bet I know which ones gets filled first.
    LMFAO... this is possibly the funniest thing I've heard all week. Thanks, Darth Pooh...
    END OF LINE
  19. 1337's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #19  
    Who are we kidding? There will be NO upgrade. No more whining about it.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Sigh... the 700wx is an HTC device as well. And I am fairly certain there is NO firmware updates for the 700 or the 750 series. Therefore we have NO possible way of knowing what bootloader methods work and if they are similar for both devices. ALL speculation... like I said in my original post, I AM HOPING the 750 upgrade allows us access to our ROMS, not WM6. I understand that taking our stacks and drivers from the current WM5 and placing them into a WM6 dump is like taking a cats heart and placing it in a dog. Not happening... however, that being said, I am hoping for the slim chance of the bootloader process being the same. The again I hoped the 660x would get evdo and look where that got me.

    I could wish in one hand and crap in the other, I bet I know which ones gets filled first.
    I don't think the wx is an HTC device, but for now I will trust your statement. You seem to know your stuff

    Regardless, when the 750 resets it is similar to the 8525, it has a "bootloader" that is loaded by holding the side button when resetting. Identical to other htc bootloaders. The wx doesn't have this, so "hacking the bootloader to accept unsigned ROM's" seems impossible.

    And there was an update to the 700w for verizon when they added AUTD, and no one cracked it. Not going to be easy...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions