1.    #1  
    okay, i know with pda, i can't pick up a phone call while tethering. but while the phone is ringing, i disconnect it from the cable, and i still can't answer the call. is there a way around that? it's pretty annoying since i get first incoming minute free, and everytime i have to call them back.
    Quote Originally Posted by havieri23 View Post
    okay, i know with pda, i can't pick up a phone call while tethering. but while the phone is ringing, i disconnect it from the cable, and i still can't answer the call. is there a way around that? it's pretty annoying since i get first incoming minute free, and everytime i have to call them back.

This is a network/mode/phone setting dependant issue. EVDO will allow a data session to be interrupted to accept an incoming call. This was part of the original EVDO spec.

1xRTT does NOT normally support interrupting a data session to accept a call. Verizon, Sprint and USCC have deployed upgrades to their 1xRTT equipment in some regions that will allow this. My Treo supports call interruption of a data session in 1xRTT dialup mode.

You also need to go into the phone settings on your Treo and make sure that "allow call to interrupt data session" checkbox is enabled. If it isn't then it won't interrupt a data session in any mode.
  3.    #3  
    where is this setting located?
    Thats not the fix.

But the setting is

personal > phone > services tab > data settings

I don't know what to do to be able to take a phone call while using pdanet. It never works. Even when you're on EVDO. I'm always on EVDO in Cleveland, never 1x, and it never allows me to take the phone call. I can unplug the cable and press answer, and it just hangs and hangs, then finally hangs up. It's a mess. And I paid 35 bucks or whatever for this program.

It locks up my phone too, it's flawed.
    When I first got my 700wx I read the stickies somewhere (here? Hofo?), I dunno... anyway, PDAnet was apparently the recommended way of tethering, BT and cable. So I purchased it. I had similar issues and also was never able to get BT to work for tethering or Active sync. Anyway, long(er) story short, I had the phone replaced during my initial eval with VZW for other reasons, and, with the new 700wx, I learned how to do BT tethering and cable tethering without PDAnet ever being loaded. Since then, I can answer incoming calls (yes, when in an EVDO area). And, JFTR... that "allow voice calls to interrupt" setting is a PDAnet setting. Without PDAnet there is no such setting. However, that is still the default behavior. I suppose the value of the PDAnet setting is that you can adjust it to NOT interrupt, since the native default is to interrupt.

-Frank