1.    #1  
    I'm was wondering if anyone created a mortscipt that would automatically name
    any picture or video taken on any day to that days date. Let me try that again.
    So say I take a picture today, rather than it saying img01.jpg I would like it to say 5-10-07a.jpg Could this script be possible? If so has anyone made one already for this? I've searched around w/ no luck. I would not know where to begin if I were to even attempt to script this. Any help would be very very appreciated
    You could write a script that could change all the file names to the date+an index(-1,-2, -3,etc) based on the creation date of the file probably...you would run it when you want and it would update all the file names...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Is this a fairly basic script to write?
    Maybe

see if this works.. I used DCIM on the storage card as the directory but you can change it if you want. NOTE: This is untested!

#Initialize the index to 0
    i = 0

#loop through each file and rename it
    ForEach photo in files ( "\Storage Card\DCIM" )

#Increment the index
    i=i+1

#Get the create time for the photo
    createTime = FileCreateTime( photo )

#format it into day month year
    createTime = FormatTime("dmY", createTime)

#Create what will become the new file name
    createTime = createTime&"-"&i&".jpg"

#Rename the file
    Rename(photo, createTime, 1)

EndForEach
    Last edited by scottymomo; 05/11/2007 at 08:54 AM.

5.    #5  
    Thanks I will try it out tonight
    Err... I'd use ForEach files. I don't think you'd like to rename the subdirectories...
    Ah, misread the manual..edited above.

Thanks Mort!