1.    #1  
    So I just bought a new vehicle (Land Rover LR2) with integrated bluetooth handsfree system. My verizon Treo 700wx is having a very interesting issue paring with it. Initial paring seems to work...
    1)Put phone in discoverable mode
    2)Car finds it and sends it a pin
    3)Type in pin, pairing complete
    4)The phone book synchronizes to the car and placing calls from the car work at this point...
    HOWEVER... when I leave the car and come back the car automatically searches for the phone and reconnects. It synchronizes the phone book but when I place a call (from either the car's buttons or the handset's buttons) the audio is no longer routed to the car. Instead the audio goes through the handset. I can place and end calls from the car's interface so at least part of the bluetooth stack is working but no audio!
    I tested the car with another phone (Motorola v3c RAZR) and it works fine so I know it is an issue with the Treo.
    Anyone have similar experiences and or advice on how to fix!?
  2.    #2  
    ::BUMP::
    Really no one wants to take a crack at this!?
    I have an 2006 LR3 and it works flawlessly...granted my phonebook doesn't synchronize with my car. Could just be an older bluetooth profile in the car???
  4.    #4  
    Well my phonebook synchronizes flawlessly every time just no audio... Are you using the Sprint 700WX or the Verizon 700WX?
    Sprint 700wx
    if case you haven't heard- the bluetooth on the VZW 700wx suck. Everybody has problems with virtually every BT
    This is not a Verizon issue as much as it is a Palm or Windows Mobile 5 issue. I have a Sprint 700wx and the Bluetooth sucks as well. The best units without as many dropouts per day or connection problems, are the Motorola H-700 and Razorwire Oakley combo units. I have tried the Plantronics 640, Motorola H-500 and Jawbone with significant issues. I have read that a fix for the 700p bluetooth problems is coming this month but have not seen info for a fix regarding the 700wx. I have also read that a upgrade for Sprint 700wx to Windows Mobile 6 is coming. If this has a fix for the bluetooth issues is yet to be seen. I do believe in UFOs, Bigfoot and that Elvis lives so anything is possible.
    im sure with the 700p MR coming out there will be one for the 700wx. Just the 700p came out first so it gets its update first. Its a palm issue, not wm5, as the 6700 bluetooth works fine and voice dials, and the Q's bluetooth is flawless- both wm5 devices