Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Looks like the OEM battery for the Sprint Palm Treo 755p is now rated at 1600 mah (versus 1200 on the Treo 750). Who's going to pick this bad boy up? The battery, not the new Palm phone
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I don't know too much about batteries, how much longer would the Sprint battery last over the one I have in my 750? Are they the same size or do I have to use a different battery cover?

Damn, I will buy one outright from sprint outright, switch the battery and return it. Well, maybe I won't do that....
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
  3.    #3  
    I am not sure. Palm's website thru the 755p page under options, the battery is listed as compatible with the 680, 750, and 755p models.

However, on this review, it shows the battery as slightly thicker:
    http://gadgetsonthego.net/2007/05/tr...irst-look.html

I know on the 750, there is the foam pad on the battery door. Maybe the thickness will just squish the foam down a little further and still fit. Not sure. Will have to go to the Palm store and explore!

Because I use Exchange Active Sync, any improvement on power is welcomed. I have the Seidio extended battery, but hate it because of the added size, requiring another battery door.
    The battery is in fact thicker. They compensate for this by making the battery well deeper in the handheld itself. It will not fit a 750 or 680.
    Apple iPhone, BlackBerry 8800 and a Treo 750 on the "new" at&t. Palm Centro on Sprint.
  5.    #5  
    Palm Treo 750/680 battery model: 3246WW

Palm Treo battery thru 755p page: 3332WW; model compatibility: Treo 680, 750, 755p.

Hopefully that wasn't a glitch by Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTenTodd View Post
    The battery is in fact thicker. They compensate for this by making the battery well deeper in the handheld itself. It will not fit a 750 or 680.
    That's what they said on the PALMINFOCENTER Review as well...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Typical Palm.

Joe
    There isn't much overlap, but it's enough to prevent the battery cover from closing.
    from mobility site
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    damn Palm... I wanted to purchase a 1600mAh battery! Oh well, I do have two 1200mAh batterys for my Treo 680 as it is. I wish seodio or w.e. there name is, would make a plate that is the TINY bit thicker, not major like the 2400mAh battery plates, but a little lump, that way people could fit the Palm's 1600mAh battery in there 680's, and 750's!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    I believe new battery cover will be out soon to accomdate the battery for treo 750.

It almost proves that SEODIO's designing ability is really disppointing since palm can pack 400mah more in almost the same size while seodio didn't come up anything for almost one year.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I think the 755p battery location is deeper than the 750's well I remember reading that at mobility site [i think].
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
  12.    #12  
    Total, total bummer! I don't want an extended hump cover. I was hoping to really pop in the battery and go and keep the device slim.
    why not check those pictures? the new battery cover will not be that bumper as those ugly extented battery.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I am sure a new door will be made to accomodate the battery.

Or at least I hope so.

Considering the fact that CDMA uses more batery than GSM, I bet the battery life of the two phones is about the same. Another 400mah would make a nice difference for us though...
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I've been waiting to get a spare battery, thinking a higher capacity same form battery would come out. Since it doesn't appear to be happening, and I need a battery now, what do you think of the 1300 Seidio battery?

The 2 reviews on the page are very negative, but since I'm choosing between this and the OEM I don't have many options.
    Quote Originally Posted by dok_indo View Post
    I've been waiting to get a spare battery, thinking a higher capacity same form battery would come out. Since it doesn't appear to be happening, and I need a battery now, what do you think of the 1300 Seidio battery?

The 2 reviews on the page are very negative, but since I'm choosing between this and the OEM I don't have many options.
    I am using the Lion 1380. After breaking it in over a couple of weeks and careful and judicious selection of applications, it still retains about 50% power after a day of push email, sms and phone calls. And it fits in the same space as the standard battery. Mind you I did do a hard reset and loaded ony the apps I had found by trial and error that I really wanted, and made sure nothing was doing auto updates, other than push email. It has made a heap of difference and changed my opinion about the 750 to the extent that it is now my primary phone.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Thanks, will definitely look into the Lion.

You bring up another issue and that is a hard reset. I'm quite tempted to do it but it's such a pain...

Is there anyother way to check to see what apps are going online in the background?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I had a chance to try a 755p battery in my 750, there is a little tip on the 755p battery but you can cut it off to make it fit in the 750.
    The phone powered on but it could not detect how much battery is left. The original 750 cover can be put back on with a little force and it does not stick out much.
    I would have lived with putting the cover on but not registering how much battery is left made me give up.
    Quote Originally Posted by georgi55 View Post
    I had a chance to try a 755p battery in my 750, there is a little tip on the 755p battery but you can cut it off to make it fit in the 750.
    The phone powered on but it could not detect how much battery is left. The original 750 cover can be put back on with a little force and it does not stick out much.
    I would have lived with putting the cover on but not registering how much battery is left made me give up.
    Which battery meter did you use? The possibility of palm re-designing the IC chips in treo 755p's battery is very rare.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    Which battery meter did you use? The possibility of palm re-designing the IC chips in treo 755p's battery is very rare.
    Don't have any 3rd party utility for battery, just the little icon on top right. It had "!" mark over the pattery and when I tapped on it, it said 0%. In 755p the same battery was showing around 70% charged.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast