Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Just curious. I make/receive an average of 20-25 calls a day and have the mail checking every 15 minutes but closing the connection automatically using this program.
    I normally end up the day with a 30% remaining. Not too much but enough for my needs
    Yea I end up with the same %. I only check e-mails every 60 mins.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I have it check every hour too and use the phone a lot. I get to charge it for a little during the day so at night I am usually at 50%.

The good thing is that this phone charges very fast, imo.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Being this the performance, is it possible to have push mail on the Treo 750???
    I barely make calls, though do receive a number of calls that go directly to voicemail though, and have my emails checked thru Exchange ActiveSync. Sometimes I end up with about 30%. Most times, it ranges from 40-50%. This is with some minor web browsing as well.

With Sling, it's a whole new ball park and I have to take the extended battery with me or bring along a charger.
    I also barely make calls but text a lot and have my emails checked every hour. Most of the time, it ranges from 20-30%. This is with some minor web surfing. But when I get the chance to use my desk top cradle I have no problem with battery life.
    Web surfing, bluetooth always on(boom to H700 closed), lots of texting, manual checking of email, about 4 phone calls a day, more on the weekends. I get about 65-70 %. In other words, I charge every third day or so. I don't know whether the battery improved markedly, I just got better at closing the programs, or a combo of both.
    wow...looks like most of you actually only have to charge your device over night.

mine barely lasts me half a day.

any help to increase it would be great.

i have my emails checked through poutlook every 15 mins. i have 5 mail accounts.

running mundu v4

bluetooth on

nothing else running the background

make a few phone calls during the day. total of 1 hr per day because im afraid the battery will die too quickly.

other than that, nothing else is running. although i notice in my task manager that active sync is always running even when i close the app in task manager.

any ideas?

thanks
    is everyone using the standard battery or the extended?

with the standard, I was lucky to get 4 hours without panicking and looking for a charger.

I run goodliknk and have my pop mail checking every hour.

I email (through GL) like crazy and am on the phone on calls if not emailing.

I now have the extended battery and I get a fair amount more time. I was off charger for about 9 hours the other day and was down to 30% or so.

But old habits are hard to break, I have the desk charger for home and work and a car charger as well. I plug in whenever possible
    when I get off of the train I usually have to plug my treo into the car charger for it to last the extra 15 min drive home. I usually stream TV via ORB on the way home on the train for 30min-1hr so that's what kills what's left of teh battery. I always carry a spare battery however.
    Hmm... Standard battery, Bluetooth on, Exchange ActiveSync checking emails on a constant basis, several text messages and emails, an occasional game (Bejeweled2 - blasted addiction!), and a couple of phone calls each day. Usually end up around 70% remaining.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiverGuy View Post
    Hmm... Standard battery, Bluetooth on, Exchange ActiveSync checking emails on a constant basis, several text messages and emails, an occasional game (Bejeweled2 - blasted addiction!), and a couple of phone calls each day. Usually end up around 70% remaining.
    I am amazed, you're a lucky man
    Quote Originally Posted by methad View Post
    wow...looks like most of you actually only have to charge your device over night.

mine barely lasts me half a day.

any help to increase it would be great.

i have my emails checked through poutlook every 15 mins. i have 5 mail accounts.

running mundu v4

bluetooth on

nothing else running the background

make a few phone calls during the day. total of 1 hr per day because im afraid the battery will die too quickly.

other than that, nothing else is running. although i notice in my task manager that active sync is always running even when i close the app in task manager.

any ideas?

thanks
    Well I would see why it doesnt last you have a day, 5 e-mail accounts checking it every 15 mins, thats the killer right there. Bad alone 3G is a battery hog itself.
    I use exchange server and make around 60 minutes worth of calls a day and texts to. I don't charge my phone at home and it sits in the cradle while in the office. Life got MUCH better when I got a car charger, usually have about 30% when I get up and charge the phone during the 35 minute car commute, even if I am not in the office that day, battery life is not a problem.

I am new to exchange server, in a word...incredible.
    I've had the phone 3 days and had 0% at the end of the day. I've had to switch to my personal phone each of these days, and this will probably continue until I buy a car charger.

I am a heavy email (DirectPush) and phone user, plus I've been messing with the device a lot because it's new.
    I guess a benefit to a smaller capacity battery is that the battery tends to full charge quickly, thus a car charger comes in really handy. This isn't a "technical" statement just my own observatoin from owning palms for the last 4 years.
    I text a lot send about 80-100 a day, receive 100 a day, plus i check my e-mail about 4 times a day. Screen on full brightness, 10-15 minutes if calls a day, and with just playing with the phone i end up with about 20% phones been on for about 13-14 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amstel View Post
    Being this the performance, is it possible to have push mail on the Treo 750???
    I pushmail EVERY 2 minutes and use an extended SEIDO 2400 battery and by 4 or so pm (from 630-4pmish) I have 50% IM IMPRESSED.

(btw, yes its not a typo- every 2 minute, I check email with flexmail and 50% of the time it fights for connection due to poor spots in my lab area.)
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    Aww.. I end up dead after 12 hrs max.. So I bought a bigger battery.. Low and behold the battery was a dud and I have yet to receive my replacement
    Windows < ubuntu + beryl (UNIX/Linux)... now time to code..

yay for hackers and all the wonderful tools used by said brains.
    Anyone play counterstrike?
    I've been using Seven mail beta push instead of MS direct push and it saves on a TON of battery. I stopped using built in MS push because it seems to suck too much juice.
    Seven push works great with exchange and yahoo and is very data & battery efficient.
    http://community.seven.com/
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast