1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone,

So my voip softphone at the office is acting all weird and my office won't fix it right away and I am now using my Treo as my primary line - well, only until my unlimited minutes runs out in June!

Anyway, I have some questions about the phone app:

- Call waiting - two calls at once.
    So, if I have two calls going, I can't seem to end one of the calls without hanging up on everyone. If I let one of the callers hangup on their own, the call is still active on my phone. This seems too stupid for me, anyone know how to hangup on one caller without hanging up on both? If you press the end key, you hang up on everyone.

- Flash Mode?
    In trying to figure out the problem above, I pressed the send key while I had two calls going and a menu item "Flash" appeared. I pressed it and I think I conferenced both lines - I think. Can anyone clarify? As with the problem above, if you press the end key - all calls end.

- The machine that goes "beep"
    Why is that every time I make a call, the ear piece goes BING right in my ear. Completely unecessary IMO.
    Famous Quotes:

"Quite yo jibba-jabber and send me a text message."

"Q? Q What? I pity the Q!"

"Mr. T.......... T as in Treo"
    You can only use the screen or soft keys to make additional calls. You can't use the end key (red phone button), since it will hang up all active lines...

Answering a 2nd call
    - While on the current call, press the left soft key to Answer the call
    - When both calls are on, press the left soft key to swap between both calls

To place another call or conference call
    - Place the current call on hold via the screen
    - Press the left sofkey to place the current call on hold
    - Press the right soft key and Select Menu. Select either Contacts or dialpad
    - Make another call
    - Once the other caller has picked up, you can press the left soft key to make it a conference call.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    You can only use the screen or soft keys to make additional calls. You can't use the end key (red phone button), since it will hang up all active lines...

Answering a 2nd call
    - While on the current call, press the left soft key to Answer the call
    - When both calls are on, press the left soft key to swap between both calls

To place another call or conference call
    - Place the current call on hold via the screen
    - Press the left sofkey to place the current call on hold
    - Press the right soft key and Select Menu. Select either Contacts or dialpad
    - Make another call
    - Once the other caller has picked up, you can press the left soft key to make it a conference call.
    I have the same problem. You cant hang up on one of the calls without disconnecting both. Or at least I havent figured out how to do it. The other call just stays on hold.
    You can also rid yourself of the "beep" you're referring to with a registry edit. Go to HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds and modify:

LoudestInCallVolume
    QuietestInCallVolume
    StandardInCallVolume

by deleting the "p" in each string. It will silence the beep.

The conference call thing is annoying, though... I know what you mean.
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    I have the same problem. You cant hang up on one of the calls without disconnecting both. Or at least I havent figured out how to do it. The other call just stays on hold.
    and wastes your minutes
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by al3azim View Post
    and wastes your minutes
    Does it waste your minutes? If I swap back to the line where the other dude hung up there is a dial tone.

I hope it's just the treo timer counting and the sprint-billing timer stops when the call really ended.
    Obscura
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    I read somewhere (the manual I think! ) that you cannot actively "hangup" on anyone in a conference call. They have to hangup themselves.

-Frank