Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    lol, we're both wrong: 4.35 is the latest

I was thinking of the smartphone version...
    LOL. i wasn't even close. and i was talking about PPC version.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigmattFromJeRSeY View Post
    LOL. i wasn't even close. and i was talking about PPC version.
    Have you been able to get the VOIP workiing ?? Everytime I try it, its always grey out ???
    Quote Originally Posted by treoreo View Post
    Have you been able to get the VOIP workiing ?? Everytime I try it, its always grey out ???

i never tried it. i have no need for voip.
    Agile Messenger does not have subscription fees. One time fee for unlimited use.
  5. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    So, it basically sounds like u guys have pretty much tested Octro & AgileMessenger. Besides cost (since AgileMessenger has no subscription fees,just a one time fee), which app would u guys recommend? Also, do both apps have the original AIM sounds or do they just have the default sounds that come with the app?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    So, it basically sounds like u guys have pretty much tested Octro & AgileMessenger. Besides cost (since AgileMessenger has no subscription fees,just a one time fee), which app would u guys recommend? Also, do both apps have the original AIM sounds or do they just have the default sounds that come with the app?

i no octro you can set the sound in the settings/notifactions don't know about agile. and octro is still free so its best i think. but when we do have to buy it i will.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Agile Messenger does not have subscription fees. One time fee for unlimited use.

agile messenger is a subscription service. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,2085822,00.asp
    Agile Messenger 3.0 - Review by PC Magazine

It costs $30.00/yr.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stn415 View Post
    agile messenger is a subscription service. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,2085822,00.asp
    Agile Messenger 3.0 - Review by PC Magazine

It costs $30.00/yr.
    If you actually visit agile's website and register your copy, you'll see that you have two payment options; either pay via subscription or pay a one time fee:

http://billing.am-im.net/am/usd_new.php
    Former owner of... Kyocera 7135, Samsung SCH-i730...

Current owner of... Treo 700w
  9. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Does Agile have a today plugin like Octro?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Does Agile have a today plugin like Octro?
    Yup
    Former owner of... Kyocera 7135, Samsung SCH-i730...

Current owner of... Treo 700w
    I have had very good luck with Agile, except recently. With the latest version, every once in a while, I'd get a memory error message or a license expired message. I have the lifetime upgrade and should not have an expired license. Reverting back to an older version seems to have solved the problem.
    I tried agile and couldn't get it to function right. I"m using Octro now for my MSN account and just tested it with a conversation with my wife at work. Works like a charm.

the only thing I can't get right on the Octro, is that my status message I tried to set "on mobile device" and it would reflect that on her buddy bar. Just showed me as "online".
    I have been using Mundu 4.0 on my Sprint 700p. It has a one time purchase price of $11.00. No subscription fee.

You can use Jabber, MSN, Aim, Yahoo, GTalk, and ICQ.

It runs in the background and will inform me of new email in my free Yahoo account.

Also you can change the sound and font size and color.

When Versamail autosyncs, it will disconnect Mundu, but you can set Mundu to auto reconnect if disconnected. It does stay connected and running in the background while using Blazer.

keep an eye out on www.beejive.com. They make a program called JiveTalk that I use on my blackberry and is by far the best IM program available on any mobile platform, as I have tried them all. The website says that a windows mobile version is coming soon.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12