1.    #1  
    in windows u can hold control n pick pick whatever files, is there somethin lke this on treo?
    Through what program? File Explorer? Some other built-in dialog?

Resco Explorer has an option for that.
    Here you go - this is the magic. I've found it works in just about all apps (other than Contacts)

It's a bit of a gyration, but it works.

I think there's more than one way to do this, but here's what I've found on my 700wx.

(I use the example of selecting multiple messages in Outlook to delete, but the process works the same, for multiple message select)

In Outlook on the 700w.
    Land on a message with the 5-way.
    Get in NumLock mode with the Option Key. (press the Opt key twice). Release the Opt key.
    In my case, I press and hold 'A' - other letters work also I think. But A seems good for me.
    'Down' with the 5-way.
    Voila - you're selecting multiple messages.

Another way to do it - press Shift once while pressing any letter (then release Shift). Keep hold of that letter, and press 'Down' on the nav. Same result.

And finally, for you one handers out there, didja know you can emulate Home/End/Page Up/Page Down with the 5-way and the Option Key? Here you go:

Opt + Left takes you to the top of any list - your Inbox, for example. Think of this combo as 'Home'.
    Opt + Right takes you to the bottom. This would be 'End'.

Opt + Up = Page Up
    Opt + Down = Page Down.

Rejoice!
    I 2nd that with Resco Explorer. I don't even bother with the regular File explorer. Resco Explorer has SO MANY options.
    Just use the method I had above - no need to buy anything else....out of the box bruthahhhh.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    Here you go - this is the magic. I've found it works in just about all apps (other than Contacts)
    Rejoice!
    I was wondering how to quickly clean out my inbox..

works perfect, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    Just use the method I had above - no need to buy anything else....out of the box bruthahhhh.
    But your method describes how to do it with outlook. The original poster was requesting how to do it with files. I use Resco Explorer and I just tried your method using File Explorer and it doesn't seem to work.
    hmm - I just tried it in File Explorer, and iI guess you're right. I typically use Edit/Select All in file explorer, or I usually am just deleting one file at a time.
    Strange I just tried JohnnyMac methond in my file explorer & it worked for me.
    Each file/folder selected made a beeping sound. I did just install that new "gsgetfile.dll" not sure if that has anything to do w/ mine working or not.